- This is a board meant for the discussion of QBASIC/QuickBASIC. Non QB posts are tolerated as long as they do not pertain to something that is offensive or illegal.
- If your message body does not contain any text, put an asterisk at the beginning or end of the title.
- Any HTML is allowed in the body of your messages. The body of your posts belongs to you, and you can do what ever you would like with it. Please, however, close your tags so that you don't mess up the reply links and the Post A Reply/Return To Articles Buttons.
- HTML is allowed in the titles of messages, but please restrict the HTML in the titles to the <B> and <I> tags. If your HTML messes up the board, the post will be deleted.
- If HTML gets out of control on the main page of the board, please try to contain it by closing the unclosed tags.
- Advertising for your site or program is allowed, but don't let it get out of control, or your posts will be deleted.
- If you accidently double post, don't bother apologizing for it. When you reply to a double post, reply the most recent one.
- The backslash character (\) and Java Script can not be displayed by the board.
- Do not post those 'get rich quick' ads or ads for anything but QB related companies. Also, avoid posting posts about how other programming languages are better. This is a QBASIC board.
- Now, the most important rules -- no flaming, spamming, bashing, porn, or illegal material allowed. Keep swearing to a minimum.
- Ignore posts like the ones described above.
Frequently Asked Questions
- "Where can I get QB 4.5/7.1/etc.?" Check the compilers page on this site. If you don't find what you're looking for there, you might be able to find one on ebay or on other QB sites.
People often ask about HTML because they don't know how to make links to their sites or display images. Below are four HTML tags that will do most of what you want in your posts.
Remember: 1) HTML is not case sensitive. 2) Always finish your tags. 3) These four tags can appear anywhere in the body of your post.
- The Link Tag
-To make a link, simply use the <A> tag.
-The format is: <A HREF="http://www.siteaddress.com">Link Text</A>
-That would make the following appear: Link Text
-Just substitute the url within the first tag with the url you wish to link to, and the 'Link Text' with the text you would like the link to say.
-Remember that you MUST keep the </A> at the end of the Link Text.
- The Image Tag
-To add an image to your HTML document, use the <IMG> tag.
-The format is: <IMG SRC="http://www.siteaddress.com/picture.gif">
-That HTML fragment would make an image appear if the address existed.
-Just substitute the image url with the url in the tag and put the HTML fragment anywhere in the body of your message.
-No closing tag is required for <IMG>.
- The Bold Tag
-To make certain text bold, you use the <B> tag.
-The format of the <B> tag is <B>Bold Text</B>
-The above HTML fragment would look like this: Bold Text
-To use this tag, just replace 'Bold Text' with whatever text you want bold.
-This tag requires the ending tag at the end of what you want bold.
- The Italics Tag
-The <I> tag makes text italicized.
-The format is: <I>Italicized Text</I>
-The above HTML fragment looks like this: Italicized Text
-This tag is used just like the <B> tag -- just fill in the text you want in between the beginning and the ending tags.
-Once again, don't forget the ending tag!