I know there isn't much to do yet, but this demo gives you a good idea
of what the general
gameplay & graphics will be like. You may have to adjust the FOR...NEXT loop in the
PLAYGAME sub until the game runs at about 40 fps.
Send any questions/comments to email@example.com.
I'd love to hear what you think of the
game so far.
What to expect in final version:
* 30-50 full-roaming levels
* 25+ rendered enemies/bosses (Turrets, Attackers, Battleships, and Battlestations expected)
* 8+ weapons (including Bombs/Missiles)
* Optimized, Custom 256-color palette
* DMAPlay/QMidi sound
* ASM code conversion by Danny Gump (for a HUGE speed boost)
* Original songs (once again) by Kevin Kohler
* Multi-layered paralaxing background
* EMS support for tons and tons and tons and tons and TONS of graphics.
* DASH Library support for fastest graphics possible.
* AND MUCH MORE (I'm sure I forgot to mention)
What is it?
Space-a-roo 2 is the second non-VirtuaSoft game released that uses Dash.
(Wrath of Sona was the 1st.) It's a space-shooter with free-roaming levels and
tons of weapons and enemies.
How is the interface?
SAR2 uses a keyboard-handling routine that allows more than one key to
be pressed at once. This lets the user move the ship rapidly and easily.
Is there anything special
Of course there is. SonicBlue is packing as much gameplay as possible
into SAR2. All the varying weapons and enemies should allow for a high replay
Are the graphics good?
Well, just imagine pre-rendered images of ships, asteroids, and mines with
parallax-scrolling. Then picture this with no flickering and a very high framerate.
In think this says enough....
Is there and music?
There isn't any in the demo, but Kevin Kohler (Canibal Gopher Software)
is making a custom soundtrack for it.
Do you have any screen-shots?
Of course...I wouldn't want to let you down. Here they are...