DVD and... QBASIC

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

URSULE

DVD and... QBASIC

Post by URSULE »

Looks stupid? maybe...
the question is: From a movie recorded on a dvd, is it possible to select and extract one picture, I mean one image, put it in a file, then load it by BLOAD in a program?
Any previous article on the subject?
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Yeah, it's possible. And there's not really a reason for an article on this subject... it's just two separate topics that have already been covered: (1) capturing a DVD screenshot, and (2) loading a graphic file.

First -- get a screencapture of your DVD... there are many ways -- do a search. The Print Screen key can help you with this if you can't find an app that does it for you.

Second -- Convert your capture image (JPEG I assume) into a format QB can load -- a low-color BMP or GIF. You can do this in Photoshop or even Paint.

Third -- Load the image with a BMP or GIF loading program.

Fourth -- BSAVE the image you loaded.

Fifth -- BLOAD it in any program you'd like.
URSULE

DVD...

Post by URSULE »

Thanks Pete.
I know how to Load The image.Now Ive to find the DVD cature.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

How to capture? Just hit PrntScreen or equivilant, then go into paint/photoshop/fireworks and hit "paste." Then you got the image and you can save it however you want, then just load it, and "get" it, then bsave it.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

Depending on the DVD player I've had some that would just give you a black image on a simple print screen .... might have been the dvd itself lol...
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

MystikShadows wrote:Depending on the DVD player I've had some that would just give you a black image on a simple print screen .... might have been the dvd itself lol...
That happens when your DVD program is using hardware acceleration to show the image... if you turn off hardware acceleration and then take the screenshot, it works fine.

(I've had this problem many times in the past...just figured it out a few weeks ago.)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Some modern image decoders are able to handle PrntScrn
I have left this dump.