Finding GXSTB graphic library

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!
ukoda

Finding GXSTB graphic library

Post by ukoda »

Hi folks. I'm trying to update software for an old QuickBasic application but I'm having building the project. It has an include statement for the file 'gxstb.bas' which I have but it appears it's only really a header file so I'm guessing there should be a related library file such as gxstb.qlb. This library appears to offer multimedia support such as VGA graphics and FLC animations etc. My guess is the original programmer had install a support package but omitted to provide those files the customer with the reset of the source code. Has anyone heard of this package and maybe knows where I can get it from?

Thanks in advance :-)
burger2227
Veteran

QLB

Post by burger2227 »

It is probably one created by a programmer for his own or limited use.

I found nothing in Google, so how did you find the name? Is it used in an $INCLUDE statement or what?

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
ukoda

Post by ukoda »

Yea, I found it via an $INCLUDE statement. I also found nothing with Google either, hence my post. I dug thru the source code and found some calls related to the included code. A search on them leads me to believe the original developer was using a multimedia tool kit from a company call Genus Microprogramming. However they don't seem to have a online presence post 1995 so while a phone number appears to exist I suspect that they are no longer in the business and I may have trouble sourcing their product. No one is selling it online.

It's looking like the customer my have to abandon QuickBasic and rewrite the app with a new tool chain.