QB Express is alive -- Issue #22 is here!

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express is alive -- Issue #22 is here!

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>QB Express is alive -- Issue #22 is here!</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on June 7, 2007<br>
After nearly a year of absence, <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/exp ... x.html">QB Express #22</a> is here!<br><br>This issue features NINE tutorials and SIX articles, as well as a boatload of comics. Some highlights include Lachie Dazdarian's reviews of Lynn's Legacy and Tunnel Striker; editorials by Z!re, Deleter and Imortis Inglorian; three tutorials by Kiyotewolf; "Sub Pixel Rendering" by Eclipzer; "Chain-like Animation Tutorial" by Lachie Dazdarian; and much, much, more.<br><br>Additionally, QB Express is undergoing a period of rebirth, and we're looking for a staff of writers, reporters and editors to keep the magazine afloat for many years to come. If you're interested, please email <a href="mailto:qbexpress@gmail.com">QBExpress@gmail.com</a>.<br><br>But before you do anything else, be sure to check out <a href="http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/exp ... x.html">QB Express #22</a>!<br><br>Pete "Still alive and kickin'" Berg</p>
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Hip, hip, hurray to Pete!

Regards..... Moneo
If you are ahead of me, lead.
If you are behind me, follow.
If you are not doing anything,
Get out of the way.
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

yehaw... :D
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Hi Pete.
I nearly dropped my eyes this morning when i did notice this post. I was like "This must be joke, some one likes to spam in your name..."
Well, glad to be wrong. QBE #22 looks like a killer one, once again.

Thanks for waking this baby back alive, im gona read it with highest motivation ever after we get back from wekk-end trip.

Cheers, E.K.Virtanen.
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

Nice man :D
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

And just when I gave up on you. Heh.

Glad QBE is back. But only the next issue will be the real sign of return.

See you around. Right?
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
seaBiscuit$
Coder

Post by seaBiscuit$ »

Great! :)
Eric Carr

Post by Eric Carr »

Congrats on the new issue! I enjoyed it.

HOWEVER, I must express my utter disdain and shock that you included the article of random rants by Z!re.

Vacuous filler like this has no place in your publication. Have you no standards?

Please do not allow further submissions from this individual. He has demonstrated that he has nothing useful to offer. If he must impose his opinions on the world, he can always start a blog.

Eric
Zoasterboy
Coder

Post by Zoasterboy »

He has demonstrated that he has nothing useful to offer.
Wait, uh, isnt Z!re... a female?

BTW: Great issue.
-yah
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Zoasterboy wrote:Wait, uh, isnt Z!re... a female?
Yes. But even I have to agree that that article was a little too whack to publish. But hey, free speech is what it's all about, so...if it works for one, it has to work for all, including Z!re and her crazy-ass rants. :)
Eric Carr

Post by Eric Carr »

Nekrophidius wrote:
Yes. But even I have to agree that that article was a little too whack to publish. But hey, free speech is what it's all about, so...if it works for one, it has to work for all, including Z!re and her crazy-ass rants. :)
Did I refer to Z!re as a guy? My bad! :oops:

Anyhoo, free speech entitles Z!re to post blogs with her ideas or post on a forum (within the guidelines). It does not mean Pete is helpless when it comes to enforcing a standard for submissions to his publication. :)

Eric
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

Ach. Line 2 and 3 clearly states that you should stop reading it if you get upset for random crap on the web. Thought, next time I do would like to see something more clearly FB/QB related from Z!re.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Hey!!!

Pete!! Good to have you back in business...

I was really waiting and waiting... I might have some upcoming info on Qbinux, which has been silence for a while. I've upgraded to a new pI-laptop.

More on that later.

Grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Yay! Nice to see the magazine is back. :)
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

Eric Carr wrote:
Nekrophidius wrote:

Anyhoo, free speech entitles Z!re to post blogs with her ideas or post on a forum (within the guidelines). It does not mean Pete is helpless when it comes to enforcing a standard for submissions to his publication. :)

Eric
Pete has always been against censoring things, especially on the forums. I'm guessing that he would be the same way for QBE.
anarky
Coder

Post by anarky »

Did you know your FBTop50 button is defunct? Better check that.

EDIT: since when is the word "b.u.t.t.o.n" banned?
Zoasterboy
Coder

Post by Zoasterboy »

Since it became an official curse word under regulation 0569 by command of the moon court of quadrant 3.
-yah
anarky
Coder

Post by anarky »

Nah, sector 7 had that rule instated.
Zoasterboy
Coder

Post by Zoasterboy »

Dang, ive sure been put of the loop latley..
-yah
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Eric Carr wrote:
Nekrophidius wrote:

Eric
Z!re is a man. He made it a joke that he convinced hundreds of people he is a women. There is a picture of him as "his girlfriend" on the FB Forums. Cha0s's exgirlfriend who lives in Sweden knows him in real life.
Last edited by {Nathan} on Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.