Missing game: Hackman

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

MikeHawk
Veteran

Missing game: Hackman

Post by MikeHawk »

I've been looking for Hackman (the first one) by James Robert Osborne (aka Wisdomdude.) I'm certain it exists since his old website mentions the game, but I've been unable to locate any copy of it on the Internet. Most QB repositories still provide a link to either Hackman 2 or 3 (or both,) but never the first one. I suppose it was either released in 1999 (like Hackman 2 and 3) or 1998. Anyone has that game backed up somewhere?
Attachments
h1splash.gif
h1splash.gif (42.4 KiB) Viewed 5807 times
Erik
Veteran

Re: Missing game: Hackman

Post by Erik »

I tried searching the web too but wasn't able to find any working links for anything besides 2&3. I also checked all my stuff that I have on my computer and I don't have a copy of it. (Unless it's floating around on an old hard drive I have stacked away).

Closest thing I could find was his YouTube channel where he mentions it. It doesn't seem like he's posted in a while but maybe you could try messaging him there for a copy?

Related video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=982eKRzFReI