Best QB Game Developer of All Time Tournament

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

syn9
Coder

Post by syn9 »

true, hence the nature of polls of popular opinion. if instead you just went on reviews of games from other sites, or had a panel of judges that reviewed certain games on certain criteria it would be more 'fair'

this is more like the screen actors guild awards where in our case people in the scene vote for other people in the scene.

why not have the top 2 people voted in each category by popular vote go into a final round where each game is critiqued and scrutenized to find the top 3 or so?

this way the judging also takes into account the public's opinion about a game... because why would you say a group is the best if no one voted for them but they have the most complete feature set, nice music, and original story...
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

HEY! Where am I on that list? :cry:
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Umm... who are you?
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

Oh, me... I have only been on the scene since the mid 90's or something like that, same nickname and all the whole time. I think I'll have to look over my marketing plan a bit. http://ragnarok.rpgdx.net/blog is Ragnarok's homepage.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Nathan1993 wrote:Nek just got served!

Anyway... uhh... heh... umm... Na_th_an is pretty cool. I am gonna vote for him... Plus there was Quest for Opa-Opa I think, his text adventure...
Opa-Opa sound like Dutch to me... so his game's called Grandpa-Grandpa... roflol...
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I'm already surprised with the division 1 poll results and I could even say I highly disagree with them. No offense, but I think RelSoft & Adigun Polack got way too much because of their Frantic Journey. I mean, it's a game and not THAT impressive. I think some people are forgetting the point of the poll - GAME DEVELOPER! And it saddens me to see that Hamster Republic and Pieslice Productions(my favorite) got so little. I don't have anything against the poll system since in a single pool Pieslice and Hamster Republic would obviously blow on the same way but I would still prefer if all the games were in a single poll.

Aftering seeing how this is developing I'm starting to agree with Nek on this. It would make more sense an article about the best QBasic game developers than this....popularity contest. Oh, well.

BTW, this poll was originally my idea so I feel a bit stupid. Khm.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:I'm already surprised with the division 1 poll results and I could even say I highly disagree with them. No offense, but I think RelSoft & Adigun Polack got way too much because of their Frantic Journey. I mean, it's a game and not THAT impressive. I think some people are forgetting the point of the poll - GAME DEVELOPER! And it saddens me to see that Hamster Republic and Pieslice Productions(my favorite) got so little. I don't have anything against the poll system since in a single pool Pieslice and Hamster Republic would obviously blow on the same way but I would still prefer if all the games were in a single poll.

Aftering seeing how this is developing I'm starting to agree with Nek on this. It would make more sense an article about the best QBasic game developers than this....popularity contest. Oh, well.

BTW, this poll was originally my idea so I feel a bit stupid. Khm.
but if the poll had been slanted in your favor instead, you would be perfectly fine with it. You should accept that people have different opinions than you.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

I accept other people's opinion but I think I have the right to not like it and to say that.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
speewave
Coder

Post by speewave »

what about Angelo Mottola???? He did awesome with Wetspot II.... (Wonder what new apps he made beside that) and DQB

and future soft... add Future.Library
________
Vaaapp vaporizer
Last edited by speewave on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

speewave wrote:what about Angelo Mottola???? He did awesome with Wetspot II.... (Wonder what new apps he made beside that) and DQB
That's why he's the first one in Division 5.
speewave wrote:and future soft... add Future.Library
That's not a game.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

You guys were wrong. This is no longer a popularity contest, as there is no contest left.

It seems we will never see an end.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

On an interesting side-note, I found a post by Mike Hoopmann on his dev forum, insulting me for having some kind of vendetta against him and whining about my complaints with this popularity contest. I don't have any kind of vendetta against him, I just don't see him as a serious contender based on his lacking in the quality-of-product department and his refusal to listen to his beta testers.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Vote in the final round of this poll (now up on the front page)!

Also, to check the current progress, check the first post in this thread. I've highlighted the winners from the first four divisions.
k7
Coder

Post by k7 »

I voted for Delta Code cause I loved their work! The Larry the Dinosaur series were excellent pieces of programming, and I still play Unofficial Tournament with my mate on his ancient machine. Joe Kings raycasting tutorials also taught me a lot. Pity his site don't work no more :cry: .
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

It came down to three choices for me (Angelo, Kevin, and Milo), so it was rather difficult to decide. But I decided to cast my vote with Milo. He was a genius and knew a LOT about game design, and it showed in his work. He was also always willing to help people get their own games working. I learned a lot from his work about how to properly develop a game engine. It's too bad he's no longer with us; hard to believe it's been almost 10 years now.
Joe
Coder

Post by Joe »

Looks like Angelo is crushing the competition, which was expected. :)
k7 wrote:I voted for Delta Code cause I loved their work! The Larry the Dinosaur series were excellent pieces of programming, and I still play Unofficial Tournament with my mate on his ancient machine. Joe Kings raycasting tutorials also taught me a lot. Pity his site don't work no more :cry: .
Thanks! My site moved to here: http://deltacode.sytes.net