FreeBASIC stuff

The forum for all of your Freebasic needs!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Hrothgar
Coder

FreeBASIC stuff

Post by Hrothgar »

While I was browsing through this forum I noticed a hell of a lot of praise for FreeBASIC and so I decided I'd go see what the fuss was about. The specs looked awesome and so I downloaded it as quickly as i possibly could. After much salivating while waiting for it to install I was really let down by the fact that it's command line operated. :cry:

I'm a really lazy bastard and I love being able to use "?" as a shortcut for "PRINT" and just being able to hit F9 to quickly run and find out if what i'm doing works or not rather than having to compile the whole thing. Is there any way I can have some kind of nice pretty qb45 style interface for it that still lets me make use of all of fb's juicy 32 bit goodness?
Towels may be harmful if swallowed in large quantities.

Post by Guest »

yes, there is a fb ide, it can be found on the freebasic website
kalc
Coder

Post by kalc »

Hey, your an Aussie! I am to, I live in Tasmania. I've seen a few Aussie's on this board, more than I'd expect in fact.
I need a pen

Post by Guest »

WOOHOO!!!! thank you. I was really dreading having to go through all the effort of writing .bas files in notepad or something.
Hrothgar
Coder

Post by Hrothgar »

ugh! what's with that guest thing, keeps signing people out.

I'm having trouble loading some of my stuff from QB45 on FB. Is it possible?
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

What do you mean loading? Do you mean loading as in running or loading as in opening the .bas file. If your issue is in loading a .bas file, please tell us the specific issue.

Haha... issue... thats a funny word...
Antoni
Veteran

Post by Antoni »

If by loading you mean the program does not compile or does not run as expected, FB and QB differ in some aspects, you have the list here
http://www.freebasic.net/wiki/wikka.php?wakka=LangQB

BTW: A .bas file must be saved in text format to be readable by anything else than QB.
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Nathan1993 wrote:.....
..... please tell us the specific issue.

Haha... issue... thats a funny word...
Issue is not a funny word, it's a fine word. You've just been getting an education by hanging around Pete's Qbasic Site. :wink:
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

but it is a funny word... and whats an education? i get learned and schoolerd, not this "educated" thing... :lol:

really, I get learned. My school is too poor for education.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Hrothgar wrote:I'm having trouble loading some of my stuff from QB45 on FB. Is it possible?
If you're referring to compiling QB4.5 programs, then do as they said. If you're having problems just loading program code into FBIDE, then what you need to do is to go back to the QB IDE and save your source in text format rather than QB's wanked-up Binary format. It saves in the wanked-up Binary format by default, you need to specifically save it as text instead.
Hrothgar
Coder

Post by Hrothgar »

AHA! that did the trick, thanks nekro :D