qbinux

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

SebMcClouth wrote:Wot did ya mean with that?

grtz
You are killing the apathy disease... did you get a vaccine?
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

I have release the tech-release. You can download it from http://www.petesqbsite.com/downloads/qbinux.rar

Unpack it and run install.bat.
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

SebMcClouth wrote:I have release the tech-release. You can download it from http://www.petesqbsite.com/downloads/qbinux.rar

Unpack it and run install.bat.
i still have not tried it yet(sorry)
but wondered is this just a patch
or the complete version as its
sooooo much smaller then .1....

i'm just trying to stay on top
of duplicate programs for pete...
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

It's only the compiled version. With the real release I will include the source code.

grtz
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

McClouth Software has it's own site now.
It can be reached under http://www.freewebs.com/qbinux and hopefully also soonly under www.qbinux.tk.

Until further notice...

Seb
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

For Z!re:

In reply to my problem with the makedir-command, I think it's because I haven't included all of Novix's code. That means I'm heading back to the drawing table and redo every bit of it.

For the rest:
I hope to have removed the bug with the next version, hopefully it'll be a fully working version. You can read the progress on http://www.freewebs.com/qbinux

grtz
Seb
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Seb McClouth wrote:For Z!re:

In reply to my problem with the makedir-command, I think it's because I haven't included all of Novix's code. That means I'm heading back to the drawing table and redo every bit of it.

For the rest:
I hope to have removed the bug with the next version, hopefully it'll be a fully working version. You can read the progress on http://www.freewebs.com/qbinux

grtz
Seb
Good luck =)
I have left this dump.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I'm not sure it's the ARR-loading or the editing-arry.
I'm about to find out.

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I have begun adding the source code to my site. Until I have some spare time to redo the site, the layout will remain quite the same... go and check it out!!
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

You stole my quote!

*cough* http://petesqbsite.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=985 *cough*

COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT!!! :P [/quote]
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

QBPC wrote:Change a few letters here and there, any you have:
My imagination wrote:
QBinux is a Linux distribution made completely from scratch. It has the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users that don't mind using a DOS based system.
I don't see any copyright and... Qbinux is copyrighted by me... and on the other hand... good for you... commercial... business is business...

Don't ask what Qbinux can do for you but what you can do for Qbinux...
The Awakened
Veteran

Post by The Awakened »

Well, if you wanna get technical... :wink:

Copyright is automatically created as soon as it's written down. You don't have to write "Copyright blah blah blah 2005".
"Sorry for beating you up with a baseball bat Julian, but I DID think that you were a samsquanch."
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

The Awakened wrote:Well, if you wanna get technical... :wink:

Copyright is automatically created as soon as it's written down. You don't have to write "Copyright blah blah blah 2005".
Only if the "work" is unique in some way. For example you can't copyright a series of notes (I'm talking 3-4 notes here, not even a complete melody) Nor can you copyright for example: ASDFGMNBVQWERT

And I hardly think your sentence that's stolen from Matrix qualify as a copyright.

Besides, if Seb changed a single letter it's no longer copyright infrigement, as it would then be considered a spinoff (Cover in the music industry)
I have left this dump.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Whatever she said... I'm with her... :D Copyright... you must have a illegal windows on your pc PQBC... don't think that's copyright infringment??

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

The site can be reached under http://mcclouth.tk (finally)...

See you there!!

grtz
PQBC at HFA

Post by PQBC at HFA »

Seb McClouth wrote:Whatever she said... I'm with her... :D Copyright... you must have a illegal windows on your pc PQBC... don't think that's copyright infringment??

grtz
Seb
:cry: ur so mean... it's only windows 98SE...

No, actually I bought this copy legaly. And we all know that LINUX is freely distributed, so SLACKWARE stays, no matter how many MICROSHIT Storm Troopers bust through my door and...
If MICROSOFT went on a killer rampage trying to erase LINUX from all computers, they would have wrote:ERASE SLACKWARE!!! NOW!!!
Besides, once I get DOSBox installed correctly, Windows will disappear. But, another problem I have on my hands is that my SLACKWARE CD won't install LILO correctly. Oh well. Time to reinstall...
  • 1. Battle For Wesnoth
    2. LILO or GRUB
    3. DOSBox
    4. OpenOffice.org
    5. Nvu
(are you even listening...? :P )
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I'm using Linux also and a registered copy of Windows 98. And I didn't steal your quote... I'm using your quote... since your part of the McClouth Software group (sound a bit like Group W of Largo Winch).

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

As said before: the qbinux site is reachable at http://mcclouth.tk use the menu to go to projects and select qbinux... There you also find a link to the qbinux forum...

grtz
Seb
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Hey all

It's been a while on Qbinux, I know...
Been really busy around the holidays...
Sit hasn't been updated much...
I did some work on Qbinux...
A Qbinux from Scratch-project...
In the week to come I'll give some more info...

Till furture notice,

Seb
Nottagoodwriter

Post by Nottagoodwriter »

Qbinux Wikipedia entry:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qbinux

If some info is not factual, tell me and I will fix it...