Slow month? Post what you've done!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Rocket Boy
Coder

Slow month? Post what you've done!

Post by Rocket Boy »

Anyone else feel like this has been a particularly slow month in the QB/FB community, esspecially with Qb Express not being out...

Maybe we can all post what we've been working on here. I've been working on a GUI tentatively titled Teddy... http://rocketboy.moved.in

ok, now you go.
kalc
Coder

Post by kalc »

Well I've been working on my first FB game, Goaty. The goats follow the mouse and die when they hit the red line... awesome!
I need a pen
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

During the rare free moments I've had, I've been working on something that I can't show to children.
matt2jones
Veteran

Post by matt2jones »

I've been:

Beginning recoding a Qb style FBIDE (No longer using Visual Basic 1)
Writing the game editor for a House of the Dead style shooter
Learning allot about AI
Savlaging a Zelda Style RPG engine that FB crashed on me
Going through the second-last, last, last, last, last beta test on an old QB rpg of mine.

I've been coding for about 8 hours every day... Hardly a slow month by my standards...

matt
Do not mistake Apathy for feeling Content.

http://www.disjointed.cjb.net - Short Storys
http://matt2jones.deviantart.com - Random Art
http://www.freewebs.com/matt2jones - WebComic
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

An simple worm/snake game. I have like a fifth "re-coding" goin on here :lol:

...and still looks no good.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

This is what I've been working on for the past couple of days. Mad props to anyone who can identify it without looking thru other forums or old issues of Pete's 'zine...
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

Darn, looks so familiar but cant get it out of my "hidden"memory block now :lol:
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Two Lords.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Heh, I would be disappointed if you didn't know what it was, Pete. :)

Latest screenshot here...implemented a new kind of area map and have enemy objects present but no state machines coded just yet...
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Aside from trying to help members here on the forum with their coding problems, I've been trying to learn Java with an online course. Having a heck of a time with the terminology like classes, objects, etc. The authors of Java also seem to use new words for old things, which gets confusing --- the not invented here syndrome. I find it hard to learn without actually having a program to write or a program to use as an example.
DaveUnit
Veteran

Post by DaveUnit »

I've been just busy learning, and trying to make a lil' game to make myself happy.
And now onto the real reason I posted...

Nekrophidius, I saw your site for 2 Lords awhile ago and I gotta say it looks awesome. The story is quite intriguing, as is the rest of the game. I'm really looking forward to it. Keep up the amazing work!
Dave
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

I've been working on FieldView.. as usual..
I have left this dump.
Zamaster
Veteran

Post by Zamaster »

Im still typing a tutorial, been workin on it for roughly a month now :wink: . Also been mucking around in ASM, tryin to make some sound stuff!
C:\DOS
C:\DOS\RUN
RUN\DOS\RUN
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

lets see... getting dumped, parents talking to me for an hour about how suicide and depression runs in our family, to sad to code... nothing new here.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

DaveUnit wrote:Nekrophidius, I saw your site for 2 Lords awhile ago and I gotta say it looks awesome. The story is quite intriguing, as is the rest of the game. I'm really looking forward to it. Keep up the amazing work!
Thanks for the encouragement, man. :D I'm considering doing a demo release at the end of the week but I'm not quite sure yet...depends on if I have enough time to finish enough of the game engine or not...raising a baby and working too takes up a lot of time. :( But hey, here's another shot:

DaveUnit
Veteran

Post by DaveUnit »

Whenever you manage to get the demo out, I'll be sure to download it and give 'er a spin. 8)
Dave
Veteran

Post by Guest »

I have done:

Nothing productive...
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

kalc
Coder

Re: Slow month? Post what you've done!

Post by kalc »

Rocket Boy wrote:Anyone else feel like this has been a particularly slow month in the QB/FB community, esspecially with Qb Express not being out...

Maybe we can all post what we've been working on here. I've been working on a GUI tentatively titled Teddy... http://rocketboy.moved.in

ok, now you go.
That was on the 3Rd of November. So what's been a slow month? Last month? Then what are we talking about that now for? And if it is for the month then that's a bit early isn't it? :P
Anyway, I've finished my game and a GUI, it'll be on my site when I get a host :lol:
When I saw that game I though it was FBQuake, any news for that?
Last edited by kalc on Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
I need a pen
kalc
Coder

Re: Slow month? Post what you've done!

Post by kalc »

Rocket Boy wrote:Anyone else feel like this has been a particularly slow month in the QB/FB community, esspecially with Qb Express not being out...

ok, now you go.
That was on the 3Rd of November. So what's been a slow month? Last month? Then what are we talking about that now for? And if it is for the month then that's a bit early isn't it? :P
Anyway, I've finished my game and a GUI, it'll be on my site when I get a host :lol:
When I saw that game I though it was FBQuake, any news for that?
I need a pen