My Site: 1000+ hits

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Rattrapmax6
Veteran

My Site: 1000+ hits

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I was just updating it when I glanced at the hit-ometer,. :shock: .. It read off 1000+ hits.

So, I guess,. happy 1000+ hits to my site... Poor thing deserves it as much as I change it around.. which, is set for some more make overs when ever I find the time...

Since I'm here and wish not to waste anyones time, I got four new additions to the site thanks to Moneo to announce also. Check those out so you have a lil something productive to do here...

:wink: Enjoy!
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Plantasy Studios hit 1 million total hits a while ago..

:D

1000 hits is good though =)
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:lol: Show off....

Good tho, you have a big project there.... I havn't had any in the course of my site.... Tho, when ever I dig down into Robo Raider (Remix),. I might get a project watching traffic... ^_^

:wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Z!re, I hope you're kidding, because there's no way Plantasy Studios hit 1 million hits.

As far as I know, the only QB site to ever surpass 1 million hits is QBasic.com, and it took years of getting 100,000 to 200,000 hits/year to do it.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Pete wrote:Z!re, I hope you're kidding, because there's no way Plantasy Studios hit 1 million hits.

As far as I know, the only QB site to ever surpass 1 million hits is QBasic.com, and it took years of getting 100,000 to 200,000 hits/year to do it.
No, I'm not joking.. But it's not a QB site.. And Plantasy site has been up for 10 months.

It has slowed down lately, only about 20'000 hits per month now, but we had over 200'000 for a while.

Note that hits are not the same as visitors, and that visitors are not the same as unique visitors..

We get around 1000 unique visitors per month..

So, 1 mil hits is actually pretty.. "easy".. to get..
I have left this dump.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Sorry, I confused "hits" and "visitors". I think Rattrapmax6 did too.

Hits are not a useful means of guaging a site's popularity... each time someone visits an issue of QB Express, for example, it will register as like 80 hits (because of all the images + 2 style sheets). Meanwhile, someone who makes a PDF or ZIP magazine would only register one hit if someone downloaded it.

Unique visitors is the useful statistic.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

Yup.. but, Rattrapmax6's counter is on the main page, so it gets roughly 1 hit per visit..

And 1000 visits is pretty good..
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Yeah and AOL called it a Hit-o-meter,. :lol: .. And, yeah it's only linked to the main page (as Z!re said) making hits and visits equal,... But, mistake corrected,. :wink:

:roll: On a further note.... For my next update, I'm between 1) user set-able themes, or 2) making the themes change depending on time of day of the visiting browser* .... Any suggestions?

:lol: With JS stuff ofcourse.. Most likely I'll think up more and more strange ones... ^_^

*Morning- Sun Rise theme || Noon- Sunny day theme || || Night- Night theme,.. ect...
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)