Join the Linux Revolution!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Veteran

Post by Guest »

What's so bad about a boot DVD?

{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Some old computers (like my laptop) do not have a DVD drive, because I am just to poor (hey, I am just a kid, and I can't expect to see anything from my parents) to get a DVD/CD drive.
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

What's wrong with a boot DVD? Nothing... but that it contains microsoft software... that's the problem...
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

SebMcClouth wrote:What's wrong with a boot DVD? Nothing... but that it contains microsoft software... that's the problem...
amen
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

And, the fact that not everyone has access to a DVD-Burner, let alone a DVD-ROM drive.
Veteran

Post by Guest »

SebMcClouth wrote:What's wrong with a boot DVD? Nothing... but that it contains microsoft software... that's the problem...
Go screw youself... Half the things I had my Linux system was absolute crap! Also Nathan1993, do you have $40, you can get DVD drives for $40 at CompUSA, and PQBC, I understand what your saying, my old computer couldn't handle a DVD drive, much less a floppy... Seb McClouth, read my last post the third page...
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

www.dictionary.com

Look up: JOKE...

tards...
I have left this dump.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Z!re wrote:www.dictionary.com

Look up: JOKE...

tards...
:lol:

Edit: Oops... they might need Wikipedia too,... :roll:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Veteran

Post by Guest »

Ha Ha...
id=kerrywar is the adventures of john kerry in veitnam
Veteran

Post by Guest »

Chollera jastna! Fśisce lubiem głupi OS!!!
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Bill Gates wrote:
Go screw youself... Half the things I had my Linux system was absolute crap! Also Nathan1993, do you have $40, you can get DVD drives for $40 at CompUSA, and PQBC, I understand what your saying, my old computer couldn't handle a DVD drive, much less a floppy... Seb McClouth, read my last post the third page...
No, I do not hav 40 dollars... I am forced to spend it all on my girlfriend. but also, I need to fix my laptop... and ven then, i bet that drive won't work with my laptop, and if it exterior, it wont becuase my laptop's bios do not support booting from an external drive of any sort.
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

Bill Gates wrote:
I'd like to share sumfin which I heard local children in my neighbourhood says:"Suck my ass!"

In reference to me saying:
The only good software I've ever had of Microsoft was MS-DOS, Windows 3.11, Visual Basic for Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and Windows 98FE... the rest always seemed to have a Crash-routine:

Code: Select all

If UserAnyCommand then crash
It's because MicroSoft only cares about the big picture and not the inner of the software. They should take a look at Linux: the core is most important thing... if that doesn't work the rest can't work either.

grtz
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
kalc
Coder

Post by kalc »

Okay then. Some people like Linux and some like Windows. Telling people their OS is shit isn't going to do much. If you want more people to use your OS then say its good, not that the others are crap :!:
And can that loser called Bill Gates pissoff! I don't like him! :evil:
I need a pen
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

kalc wrote:Okay then. Some people like Linux and some like Windows. Telling people their OS is shit isn't going to do much. If you want more people to use your OS then say its good, not that the others are crap
/\ Good point....
kalc wrote:And can that loser called Bill Gates pissoff! I don't like him!
Isn't that a double standard? Just cause you like some users better than others doesn't mean you should go calling other users crap....

Sorry, couldn't help myself.... btw, here is a pen:

*Hands kalc a pen*

your welcome.... :lol: :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Also, another problem with a boot DVD: that just means that M$ cannot help but cram thier core with crap they don't need, while linux can be anywhere from 3 floppies to a boot DVD (but it comes preloaded with a TON of extra software). You don't see any windows installations coming with powerful pre-installed pieces of precious software.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Nathan1993 wrote:You don't see any windows installations coming with powerful pre-installed pieces of precious software.
All Windows versions have come jam-packed with tons of applications. Or did you think that Wordpad, Paint, Charmap, a suite of disk maintenance tools, and all those games, plus over a hundred other programs flew in via messenger pigeon? :D
Bill Gates_No Login

Post by Bill Gates_No Login »

Let me just close this post by saying this: I doesn't matter what operating system you have, unless it's OS X... If you're content with crappy IDEs and Half-Assed Backwards Assembly(linux), or and unstable enviroment with spyware, adware and virus problems(windows), I don't care anymore... If it does what you want it for then use it. Don't try and convert people to embrace an unpopular operating system(linux) or a popular OS(Windows)... I myself have tried Linux-it doesn't suit my needs(programming)-but it does suit seb mclouth's, and PQBC's needs...

I don't linux because:
-It can't open applications near as fast as windows
-It has unfriendly programming enviroments
-WINE sucks
-Dosemu don't work
-There aren't installation programs, you have to hand install it
-I prefer Intel syntax assembly VS AT&T style
-It's not compatible with my modem, printer, scanner, and camera
-due to the reasons above, I don't see what people are raving over Linux...

Why do you think Linux\Windows is the Antichrist?
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Nekrophidius wrote:
Nathan1993 wrote:You don't see any windows installations coming with powerful pre-installed pieces of precious software.
All Windows versions have come jam-packed with tons of applications. Or did you think that Wordpad, Paint, Charmap, a suite of disk maintenance tools, and all those games, plus over a hundred other programs flew in via messenger pigeon? :D
yes, but it is only there as a minimum. you dont have spell check(open office), support for hundreds of image formats in editing and saving (the gimp), built in support for AIM, msn, icq, Zypher, irc and many others (gaim). Yes, windows does have built-in software, but it all needs to be upgraded.
Bill No_login

Post by Bill No_login »

You clearly haven't used Microsoft Office... Spelling AND grammar checks WITH 'did you mean this word?' are included with microsoft binder & word...You can even add words to your existing dictionary...
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Bill No_login wrote:You clearly haven't used Microsoft Office... Spelling AND grammar checks WITH 'did you mean this word?' are included with microsoft binder & word...You can even add words to your existing dictionary...
In open office too. But, Microsoft Office Pro: about 300$. Open Office: Free.

And yes, I have used MO. I have it at school. They force me to re-learn it in Technology class this year (they call Exel, Word, Powerpoint, and Publisher technology? I call it trash).