ISRB Ratings Board

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Kevin's_advocate

ISRB Ratings Board

Post by Kevin's_advocate »

What do you think of the ISRB Ratings Board? It can be obtained at qb45.com if you want to see it.
Veteran

Post by Guest »

It's crap...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Interesting username.... Which Kevin's advocate? There is more than one around here.
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

The ISRB is a great idea...unfortunately it isn't as widely supported as it should be.
Veteran

Post by Guest »

I thoght this post didn't get the attention it deserved, so I pulled a 'Simon McCowell' to get its attention...
Kevin's_avdocate

Post by Kevin's_avdocate »

Thanks for the support! :D
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

The idea is good, but it seems ill set up and non-professional....

Gay
Bland
Awesome
Freakin Awesome

Just seem like rating system not well thought up. And they would be controversial in wide use. I would encourage studying the ESRB rating system and see how that's set up.

I'm not saying, btw, that you need age rating. Content rating is good enough, and probaly better, but it needs to be better thought out.

Also, the program being fixed path is very annoying.... After unzipping I had to move every thing to C:\ ... Very un-professional looking....

My two cents, take 'em or leave 'em
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I do believe that the drive C:\ thing is annoying, the board IS unprofessional, but the point of the system was to tear down the age system, which I dispised, I can't stand the crap the PTA says...

PTA Parent:'There's blood in the game, my little Timmy is going to bad person!'
Timmy: 'Mom, I am old enough to seperate right from wrong! I'm 13 now'
PTA Parent: 'See what the game has done to you? Your disobeying me already!'
Timmy: 'What?'
Timmy's Dad: 'LET THE BOY PLAY HIS GAMES HE IS RATIONAL ENOUGH TO SEPERATE RIGHT FROM WRONG!'
etc.

The Grand Theft Auto San Andreas Issue: Rediculous! That patch must be downloaded off the internet at a select few sites and it only works for the PC version of grand theft auto - Who the hell buys GTA for the PC? Half the people who would want to do it probably don't want to spend the money for an NVIDIA GeForce to play the game at a reasonable rate! I don't see the issue for such a circumstances!

I will try to change the ratings system to be better, change the drive C:\ crap, make the ratings program better(using C and Windows API), improve the graphics, since they are pretty crappy. What the public wants, I will try to give...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I never liked GTA, for my own reasons...

Yeah, my little bro has many T rated games, and it never really bothers him,. he knows right and wrong,. knows that vionince in a game stays in a game.... So a content rating over a age rating would allow for selection to what you feel you can handle.... sorta how I go about it now, I use ESRB's sub-content ratings on the back....

And your pretty much right with the right from wrong knowledge.... Most of the ones that take a game to real life are thrill seekers with no logical thought in their head.. They can even get crap from a E rated racing game:

"Oh cool! Lets go try this for real!"
Kevin wrote:I will try to change the ratings system to be better, change the drive C:\ crap, make the ratings program better(using C and Windows API), improve the graphics, since they are pretty crappy. What the public wants, I will try to give...
Why not FreeBasic? It be basic, but it look nice too.... :wink: .... It also uses windows API if you wanted that....
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

I'll give it a shot...
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Umm... what include should I use for windows API? :?
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

If you have FreeBASIC, then there should be some windows API examples in the example folder, sub folder "windows"... and if you can do it in C, then you should then be able to see how to do it in FreeBASIC.... :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Thanks! :P
Kyle
Veteran

Post by Kyle »

What is it? QB45.com sucks, so I can't see it.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

It is a ratings board similar to the ESRB ratings board, but based more on how good the game is VS. age appropriateness....