Anyone who designs .SCR files, please read this post!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Anyone who designs .SCR files, please read this post!

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

I need a birthday present for a friend. He's a big fan of Texas Chainsaw Massacre. So, I want a screen saver that has Leatherface walking across the screen, and then it generates a random person (must be different each time), and then Leatherface saws them in half. Make it 'pixelated', using 4 pixels instead of one. Thanks a bunch!
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

As far as I know, as for this board, I'm the only one who makes .SCRs.... It's sorta a new thing since people started seeing if FreeBASIC could do it.... And I'm not one for gory/bloody programs...

If you use FreeBASIC, you could make it yourself tho... :wink: ... If not, www.freebasic.net would be a better place for this question if you could get some1 to do it....
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I used to make screensavers in VB6 but haven't done one in a long time...
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I bet a lot of people over at www.qbasicnews.com have experience in that, too. This site/forum is better for learning (asking questions + tutors) while www.freebasic.net and www.qbasicnews.com are best for reaching out to a lot of people, and that is why I like this forum. I like to learn, not for a bunch of people to watch me find out that all I needed was some quotes...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

As far as I can remember: Mitth, Relsoft, dumbledore, Jofers, and maybe just a few others do it, or have made any.... And all of them are at freebasic.net ... I can't think of any at QBN.... :roll:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
marzec

Post by marzec »

uhm excuse me but from what i know a screensaver is really just a normal application that executes a loop drawing stuff and waiting for a keypress. i would not know of any special mechanims used to make it a screensaver.
________
GIRLFRIENDS PICS
Last edited by marzec on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

You need this at the very top:

Code: Select all

if left$( command$, 2 ) = "/c" then end
if left$( command$, 2 ) = "/p" then end
Compile and change the .exe to .scr... :wink: ... Tho, I believe it needs to be a 32bit app, not sure....
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
m2j

Post by m2j »

I'd be interested in doing that... Can you get me some frames of letherface/victims?

Or do you want it really cartoony?

I wouldn't be up for doing the actual graphics though...

m2j
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

I want it to be cartoony, nothing too special.
Leatherface needs to be in the middle of the screen at all times, walking with his chainsaw. Then, I want the computer to generate a random person (no face, random hair style, rnd hair color, rnd shirt color, rnd pants color). If you want a picture of Leatherface, here's a picture of an action figure.