QuickBasic for Mac?

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Rocket Boy
Coder

QuickBasic for Mac?

Post by Rocket Boy »

Anyone know of possibly some version of QB for Mac System 6? I think Microsoft may have released QuickBasic 1.0 for it... but I cant find it online. Also, if anyone knows where I can get VBDOS or VB's that run under Win 3.1 that'd be cool too... thanks!
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I highly doubt that they did. But I do know you can get a DOS emulator then just run QB from there.

Damnit apple...
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

Hi Rocket Boy,

I don't know of any QB for the Classic Macs of any kind.

For the other part of your post you can find ALL Qb, VB-DOS and VB 16 bits (1, 2, 3 and 4 16 bits and 32 bits) right here.

http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/network/qbdl/

I do have the equivalent of VB for the Mac however, call VisualMacBasic look it up and let me know if it can do the job.
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Macric
Coder

Post by Macric »

SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

I know there was a basic-version for the Amiga which had the possibility to make your computer talk!

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

There was in fact a QBASIC for Macintosh because I had it...but I never got a chance to run it on a real Mac. I am not sure if it's anything like the QBASIC we all know, but rest assured...there was indeed a QBASIC for Mac.
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

Since they are developing an Intel based MAC, maybe the Freebasic team would be able to then make a version for MAC
Nekrophidius wrote:fork Macintosh.
I'm still laughing.
Antoni
Veteran

Post by Antoni »

A 90% of the "known issues" in the QB Knowledge base applied to QB for Mac, so probably it's not a great piece of code.

About FB for Mac, yes, the developers are waiting for Apple to switch to Intel processors, this way the assembler emitter will not need changes. The second problem is none of the developers has a Mac....
DrV
Veteran

Post by DrV »

PQBC wrote:Since they are developing an Intel based MAC, maybe the Freebasic team would be able to then make a version for MAC
Just a little something that bugs me - MAC = Media Access Control, Mac = Macintosh (type of Apple - get it? :) )
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

Good thing FB can still go Linux... and I've heard that Linux can run on a MAC...

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
Macric
Coder

Post by Macric »

Antoni wrote:A 90% of the "known issues" in the QB Knowledge base applied to QB for Mac...
nope, the quickbasics knowledge has some more of 2,OOO articles, 475 of them are for quickbasic for Apple Macintosh. i never have had a macintosh but i sigh for that version of quickbasic because it has many capabilities including multitasking. i sigh again.
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

I can't find it for download either.

http://www.emsps.com/OLDTOOLS/msbasv.ht ... rpretermac

It says that it was abandoned in 1995 when MACs became 32-bit and had compatibility problems. You can still buy it though. It will NOT work on G3, G4, or G5 MACs at all.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Funny detail about that site...they took information from another site for their QBASIC description...a site with incorrect information (saying that QBASIC 1.1 was succeeded by QB, and as we all know, that's simply not the case).