Another attempt at Spam Control

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Another attempt at Spam Control

Post by Pete »

Now, when "QB News" forms are submitted, they are emailed directly to me. They are no longer added to the database at all.

Since 90% of the posts to QB News were spam posts by the same spammer, this will hopefully prevent the spam from ever showing up on the site.

It will mean more spam and work for me, but will also prevent the database from getting corrupted again by the spam, and should eliminate the spam posts for the time being. Hopefully the spammer will not decide to configure his spambot to take advantage of the other submission forms on the site.
Patz QuickBASIC Creations
Veteran

Post by Patz QuickBASIC Creations »

It will mean more spam and work for me..
I am always available to help the webmaster of my favorite QB site :D
Hopefully the spammer will not decide to configure his spambot to take advantage of the other submission forms on the site.
That's smart. Just tell him on how to get in...
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

I suppose Pete already worked on it... or he's bluffing... he's played a lot of poker lately...

No offense there Pete!

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Well, apparently the spammers don't spam through my website forms...

They must have just copied the form target and the necessary fields to their own server, and have it send out form posts without even sending a bot to this site.

Damn.

Back to the drawing board.
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Pete wrote:Back to the drawing board.
Don't you just love that quote. (I know I do) :lol: :D