Uber-Geeks Unite!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Uber-Geeks Unite!

Post by Guest »

A frightfully short time ago, Geeks were looked down upon. now they controll the world. Hahaha in your face, I never wanted to take you to the prom in the first place anywa..... never mind. Anyway, geekism is the new cult, being a geek is now "in"( whick is kind of self contradicting, because a geek is antisocial, so how can it be a major social group?) so you can tell the wannabee's from the real deal because they try to hard for the purpose of being cool. My fellow geeks, the point of being a geek is not acceptance, it is a way of life!
clarify your motives, go to www.thinkgeek.com
where else can you find caffinated water, binary watches, and a lot of monkeys and cheese... check it out
Digital Shadow
Coder

Post by Digital Shadow »

srry, forgot to log it, check it out tho
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh because there all the same... Soooo, if were all laughing, I fail to see the problem
barok
Coder

Post by barok »

Um... I am usually classified as a geek, and yet i'm not antisocial...
I have no sig.
m2j

Post by m2j »

meh, those steriotypes are not aplicable in ireland...

I don't know what i'd be classed as:

I program, I like maths, history and english, I play guitar and bass in punk bands, I get drunk, I mitch, I don't study/do homework.... but I don't fail, I row(very physically intensive sport), I am incredibly antisocial, I have long hair, safety pins in my arms, but no tattoos...

Its all messed up over here:

The jocks are all nice people, the fine girls study hard and really kind, the bastards are the tome boys (rap/dance music) and the moshers (generic term for hippy/punk/metal head/skater/stoners) seem to fill in the blanks, being both picked on and hugely agressive to the jocks, while at the mercy (figurativly speaking) of the tome boys...

I dunno. I like to think of myself as a geek, I wear an anorak, but underneath I have a hoody with the words: "I murdered jesus" spray painted on it...

ahh, nice ego feuling boast.

so what makes you a geek?

matt
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

im a NERD so i have to be friends with the special ed kids iven though im a genuis... that cant spell... you geeks are LUCKY!!!
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Dunno what I'd be considered either...sure I'm a geek, but to say it to my face would be somewhat dangerous. :D I tower over virtually everyone here and my presence alone puts fear in people because I'm such a loose cannon. :)
barok
Coder

Post by barok »

how tall are you?

The tallest guy i know is 6'7''
I have no sig.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Well, he lives in Puerto Rico, so maybe the average person is a bit shorter than in the continental U.S. / Canada.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I am six feet, but the average guy here is only about 5'7", and the average woman is about 5'5". Hispanics tend to be shorter than those of us of French origin. :D

When I was living in Illinois, I was a shrimp though...rednecks abound, 6'4" was common, and guys outweighing me by 40 or more pounds. Even my gf at the time was taller than me (she was 6'2"). Of course, my gf's dad was the toughest SOB in the town and liked me because I took good care of his daughter, so needless to say...when someone found out that I was with him, people left me the hell alone. :D