Registry

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

RayBritton
Veteran

Registry

Post by RayBritton »

Hi,
is there any way of accessing the registry in qb and if not how could i make a program that ran from config.sys that randomly choses a picture from a set list and sets it as the desktop background
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Accessing the registy is way to complex.

Running a program from config.sys? You can not run it from config.sys but could run it from autoexec.bat. Normally the desktop-background is situated in one of the ini-files in your windows directory. I don't remember from the head what is.
But yeah that would be possible from autoexec.bat.

grtz
Seb
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

You could always just put it into where the IE background is and set the background (when your in windows) to IE wallpaper...
RayBritton
Veteran

Post by RayBritton »

You could always just put it into where the IE background is and set the background (when your in windows) to IE wallpaper...
sorry, i don't understand
i knew it was autoexec.bat or config.sys just couldn't remember which one
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

OK, set your backgound (when you are in windows) to the IE wallpaper, find the name of it (like, save it from IE) then search for it. Find its location, then just pic a random background and copy it to that location.
DrV
Veteran

Post by DrV »

To add things to the registry, you can create a .REG file and then merge it with 'regedit /S filetomerge.reg'.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Yeah, you could do that too.