Upgrading Hosting Package

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Upgrading Hosting Package

Post by Pete »

In the next few minutes, I will be upgrading my web hosting package to give this site more space and bandwidth.

At the moment, this site is on a budget hosting package -- 500MB of server space and 5GB of monthly bandwidth. But this site has really outgrown that package. At the moment, there's only about 30MB of free server space, and each month I have to pay for an additional 5 - 10GB of extra bandwidth.

I will be upgrading to a package with 500 MB to 4,000 MB and a bandwidth boost from 5 GB to 100 GB. This will give Pete's QB site the opportunity to grow A LOT bigger, plus I will be able to move all of my other websites onto the same hosting package. For $9.99 a month, this is a great deal, considering that before I was spending that much for the additional bandwidth costs anyway.

Now I won't be so hesitant to add large files to the Downloads section, and I'll also have enough server space/bandwidth to host a lot of multimedia content for my other sites.

Anyway, I don't know if this will interrupt access to Pete's QB Site while the server changes are made. I just thought I'd post this to let everyone know what was going on. I've made a backup of this entire website in case something goes wrong.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Cool! I just hope I can access 1 thing... gotta go... got it. And I was thinking that you were gonna ask for donations... and if you were, I would probably give you some to keep this site up, better and just running. I love this place... and I hate QBNEWS...

Post by guest »

add a paypal donate button, its easy for you, and everyone to donate
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I saw a small bit of downtime, but not much.