Frustration Poll

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

How often do you get so frustrated and annoyed with a projects bugs and problems that you just delete it all and start again?

Too much!
7%
Often
20%
Occasionally
40%
Rarely
27%
Never
No votes
WHAT!
7%

Total votes: 15

hezoe
Coder

Frustration Poll

Post by hezoe »

:lol:
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

Well, it happens :lol:
hezoe
Coder

Post by hezoe »

You bet! :lol:
Kronck

Post by Kronck »

I only did that once. I lost some valuable math optimizations that took forever to figure out. I'll never do it again. Just zip it up, and hide it somewhere. :lol:
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

It happened to me to. Wasn't out of frustration, sometime you just reach the limit of what your code can do and you have to start a very different way. Then there's no choice, you gotta start from scratch or close to it ;-) especially in research and development.

coincidentally I define "Research and Development" as "when you don't know what the hell you got yourself into" LOL !!!
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
hezoe
Coder

Post by hezoe »

I've done it several times. It often happens when you don't start with a plan or don't follow the plan. Yes, you do lose a lot of code that will take a while to figure out again, but destroying something that took ages to make but still pisses you off is just FUN! Isn't it? :lol: . You also get a really fresh start when you start again. :lol:
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

unfortunatly, I usually get mad and sometimes delete it, but I hardly start over agin....:( :roll:
Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

Ummmm....I've done this twice. When I was back in high school. Very impatient back then.

Right now though I have a complete Data DVD with the many forms of a single project. Maybe one day I'll get it right, until then I've just got to keep on working.

I just find it very hard to become frustrated any more. I learn not to become offended by others, I learn not to hate others, and a weird side effect. No frustration due to inanimate objects.

Go figure.
Later days,
Matthew

May those who love us love us
And those who don't
May the good Lord turn their hearts
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
So we'll know them by their limping
-Irish prayer
hezoe
Coder

Post by hezoe »

Hey, I just learn to ignore others! :lol:

Those figures are interesting though. :!:
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) I put rarely, but I never really recall deleting out of frustration, more-so my structure failed to operate the way I intended it to do... and I have to start a new one, deleting the old..

And I'm pretty highly skilled at debugging, so if I get a bug, I normally can hunt it down then remove it.. :wink: .. which came from years of coding w/o ne one to ask for help (b4 I found these boards),. I had to figure how to solve probs on my own.. :roll:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

Yeah, but sometimes a bug isn't one rebellious command, but one resulting from the whole structure of your programming. Or else sometimes you don't write your code to be scalable (able to adapt to accept more info/changes) and then you realize that you have to expand, and find that you can't. Debugging isn't going to help then.
hezoe
Coder

Post by hezoe »

Yeh, you get annoyed, because it didn't go how you planned it. :idea:
ShadowWolf
Veteran

Post by ShadowWolf »

painting your self into a corner that's always annoying. i have done that so many times although i never deleted a projected because i screawed up on the programs structor i just write nasty hacks to work around the problem.

and then later i'll rewrite the project from scratch but keeping the stuff i screwed up the first time around in mind.