FAX-ME: Let's write Tetris

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

MikeHawk
Veteran

FAX-ME: Let's write Tetris

Post by MikeHawk »

If you ever wanted to learn more about binary representation, boolean operators, and how this knowledge can help you program cool stuff, I just uploaded a simple black-and-white page packed with illustrations, code, and step-by-step instructions on how to build your own Tetris engine. Let me know what you think.
buddpaul
Coder

Re: FAX-ME: Let's write Tetris

Post by buddpaul »

Wow! This is like an early Christmas gift! Super cool!
Typing away somewhere.........
MikeHawk
Veteran

Post by MikeHawk »

buddpaul wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:13 pm Wow! This is like an early Christmas gift! Super cool!
Thanks! I should probably add some illustrations for the OR operator (XOR is used a few times but never explained, and MOD can be replaced with AND in this case, so I should probably point that out too.) I also spotted some remnants of old code that is no longer necessary (like clearRow taking an argument when the new code no longer uses it.)
bongomeno
Veteran

Post by bongomeno »

That's a way different and probably better approach to making tetris than what I did. Should be an interesting read. Thank you.