Panda BLAST!

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

MikeHawk
Coder

Panda BLAST!

Post by MikeHawk » Thu May 23, 2019 7:15 pm

It was meant to be a small tech demo for Mode Y (unchained Mode 13) which provides 4 pages of video memory to work with. I haven't seen many QB programs use it, so here's one (and it is sourced too.) The game is inferior to Monkey Blast and has a handful of tiny glitches I probably won't fix out of sheer laziness. You can get the game at https://qbmikehawk.neocities.org/games/panda/index.html.

Meanwhile, feast your eyes on these terrific screenshots.
ImageImageImage

Pete
Site Admin

Re: Panda BLAST!

Post by Pete » Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:48 pm

Thanks for sharing this game and your website! Reminds me of the good old QBasic days. (Even if I happen to like pandas and am not so keen on shooting them.) :)

MikeHawk
Coder

Post by MikeHawk » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:50 pm

And thank you for keeping your site online! I think I've been visiting this place since I was sixteen or seventeen and it's one of the last that is still alive. Everything else is gone.

Last year I sorted a bunch of files on an old drive and found a small pile of QBasic games. I played some of them and recalled some I didn't keep. And so I decided to crawl the internet to save everything I could. Right now, I've got 1043 games with screenshots and categorized via a small javascript database; that's about 280MB of files (plus 38 games that I cannot get to work and 30MB of random code, routines, libraries and utilities.) I'm still trying to figure out what to do with this collection (or where I could find more.) Too bad I can't upload archives on Neocities...

johnrude

Post by johnrude » Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:37 am

Thanks for the sharing this website