New mini rpg

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

bongomeno
Veteran

New mini rpg

Post by bongomeno »

This is a half complete game, but is almost playable. I would just like to share my progress. Development is slow because of my work. The game is called "The Adventures of Gorlik". There is still a LOT that has not been added to the game, including quests. Combat is incomplete. The whole map is walkable. www.geekbasic.com/gorlik.bas

Also, I re-designed my website. There will be plenty of content is no time. Check it out!
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

The link to your side is dead.
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
bongomeno
Veteran

Post by bongomeno »

I have been having trouble keeping my site up. I am using a gateway instead of a router and modem, so it it difficult to troubleshoot any network issues. I have tried employing all kinds of server software on multiple computers with Windows XP and Peppermint OS (Linux). The wierd thing is that I can get my software to serve locally, but my public dynamic IP address leads nowhere. I have tried every configuration possible on my gateway and with the server software, but have had no luck.

Several of my IT friends are telling me I should ditch the gateway and get my own router and modem. I still think that there should be some way to make it work because I got it to work before.

EDIT **
Nevermind, I got it to work.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Bet it was something simple you overlooked...
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
bongomeno
Veteran

Post by bongomeno »

It turns out that I had to renew my IP address. I have a dynamic IP that is supposed to change frequently, but sometimes it doesn't. Yeah simple :D But as I said, it is harder to troubleshoot networking issues with a gateway.

I am still having an issue with my Linux server. I was using the "SimpleHTTPServer", which is included written in Python. It was working for about a week before I started getting a series of errors saying that port 80 is already in use. I cannot figure out what is using port 80!

The cool thing is that I am learning new things about networking by having to solve these problems.