"Important message" PMs

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Skyler
Coder

"Important message" PMs

Post by Skyler »

Hey guys,

If you get a PM with the title "Important message from the forum administration!", be warned--it's a fake. The link probably directs you to malware, though I didn't try it (for obvious reasons).

Skyler
For God so loved the world he gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believeth on Him shall have everlasting life.
John 3:16
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

Yeah, I got it too. I don't think it's malware though, just a crappy antivirus site. They probably can't get business any other way. :p
The Dr. is INsane!!!
BadMrBox
Veteran

Post by BadMrBox »

probably a fake antivirus program that installs trojans or whatever.
moneo
Veteran

Re: "Important message" PMs

Post by moneo »

Skyler wrote:Hey guys,

If you get a PM with the title "Important message from the forum administration!", be warned--it's a fake. The link probably directs you to malware, though I didn't try it (for obvious reasons).

Skyler
Thanks for the warning, Skyler.

Regards.... Moneo
If you are ahead of me, lead.
If you are behind me, follow.
If you are not doing anything,
Get out of the way.
Dav
Coder

Dav

Post by Dav »

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I got a couple of those...

- Dav
Visit Dav's Qbasic Site at: www.qbasicnews.com/dav
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

It's all rubbish~
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

lol... a new breed has arrived.

Dear, Dr_D!

A virus alert was noticed on your computer.
We highly recommend you to check your computer and perform online virus check at our site immediately: http://************.org/Dr_D
If you do not pass this test we will have to delete your account and forward a complaint to your ISP with attached log file (your IP address, etc.).
The Dr. is INsane!!!
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I've got no problems what so ever, just an email stating that I have a pm on here and when I click it... nothing... no new pm... lol
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Because we delete the buttheads! Unfortunately the STUPID SPAM post diappears and you get a blank message!

Nice to see you again!

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

thx Ted... idd it's been awhile... thx to all ppz keeping the spam off our backs!!
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.