Calling BattleCraft99

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

leeor_net

Calling BattleCraft99

Post by leeor_net »

I've been searching the net and havn't been able to find the QB Programmer, creator of Sir Chomps A Lot, once known as BattleCraft99.

Does anybody know where I might be able to find BattleCraft99? (note: battlecraft99@hotmail.com doesn't work).

Thank you all.
- Leeor
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Google is smarter than us all, so if almighty google doesn't know... we are screwed.
leeor_net

Post by leeor_net »

Well, Google has yeiled a website that he used to operate with a couple of online friends. I managed to get in touch with one of them but they havn't seen him for several years.

He and I worked on Sir Comps A Lot 1.22... I helped him with a bunch of the graphics, some basic engine coding and the modified JFont routines. I'm mostly interested in reestablishing communication with a bunch of the QB veterans from back in 1997-99. He was the first person that I worked together with on a single project.

I was known then as either QuickSilver or Lord QuickSilver. Pete may remember me ... Beyond Destiny was the big project I was running at the time (ended up going nowhere but ah well). That was a long time ago.

Anyway, if anybody knows where I might be able to find BattleCraft99 (or if you happen to BE BC99), lemme know.

EDIT:
===============================================

Of course, it might be good to explain why I've been making my efforts... :-)

I've recently been in touch with Danny Gump, creator of the once awesome Dash Graphics Library for QuickBASIC. He had made a suggestions that we should find a bunch of 'old timers', get together and create a new project to celebrate our time together.

I guess you could say that I took the idea to heart and I thought it would be neat to revive an old project that may or may not have been finished and bring it into modern platforms. The first two games that came to mind are "The Mystical Journey" and "Sir Chomps A Lot". So I've been trying to get in touch with him as well as a bunch of other people who were developing in QB between 1997-2000.

Hopefully a couple of the people I once knew will see this message. It seems that Pete's QB Site is the last one that's still active.
- Leeor
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

A few of the old-timers still hang around the old "qbasic.com" forum at http://network54.com/hide/forum/13959

I remember sir chomps a lot, and battlecraft99
Good times back then, I didnt disslike the network54 qb forum.. ah, memories :P

Anyways, for brining qb projects into modern computers you could have a look at http://freebasic.net , if you havent already, it's pretty nice
I have left this dump.
leeor_net

Post by leeor_net »

Actually, I have looked at it. It's progressed much over the years.

I guess what I was more thinking is either finishing a much followed project (such as The Mystical Journey) or doing something 3D. I've done a lot of work on 3D projects (actually, I'm involved in one right now called Outpost 3) so I could see creating a 3D adventure game.
- Leeor
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I think I've seen Battlecraft99 hanging around at NeoBasic.net, but don't take my word for it.
ShadowWolf
Veteran

Post by ShadowWolf »

i don't think battlecraft99 hangs at neobasic.net atleast i don't rember seeing him but i haven't been there for a few months.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

leeor_net wrote:I was known then as either QuickSilver or Lord QuickSilver.
I remember you...
Jocke The Beast
Coder

Post by Jocke The Beast »

Me too...you made some rpg a long time ago...back in the days when Sneukeule's Rpg website was the place to be :)
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
leeor_net

Post by leeor_net »

Yes yes... Beyond Destiny! :-) Actually, I've long since deleted my entire directory of QB sample code and the BD code. I started another RPG after that called The Legend of Mazzeroth (LoM for short) which sadly also died after me and my story writer lost interest in it. One day I'll finish both games. They'll probably use the same engine I'm writting for a game that I've been working on with a group of guys called Outpost 3 (http://genesis.outpost-universe.net). But yeah... good times then. It's a shame it went the way it did. Of course, classic gaming hasn't died at all... :-)

I'm glad at least someone remembers BD. Its memory is still kept alive... It'd be nice to see where I left off with it... I don't remember anymore how it was working. I think I had finished getting sky effects working (like rain and snow) and I had just gotten a pixel*tile engine working really fast too (no multiplications for any map calculations... addition really is a lot faster). And I also remember having a battle system half complete that looked a lot like Phantasy Star IV's system... except with the ability to animate backgrounds and flashier magic effects. Now I'm questioning why I deleted that directory... hmmm...
- Leeor
leeor_net

Post by leeor_net »

Wow, yet another trip down memory lane. I know this is an old topic but I figured I'd follow up on it.

No word from anybody that I worked with back in the day. Seems everybody's busy with something or has moved on. So be it.

I mentioned two projects, Beyond Destiny and The Legend of Mazzeroth. Well, both were dead. But I've been working on LoM for awhile now. Thought maybe someone would be interested in checking out what we've been able to come up with.

Anyway, thanks, Pete, for keeping this awesome site around! After the death of Geocities and most of the great QB sites it's great to be able to pop back in now and then and see what's been happening... :)
- Leeor
coma8coma1
Veteran

Post by coma8coma1 »

leeor_net wrote:...Thought maybe someone would be interested in checking out what we've been able to come up with.
Nice! I looked at some youtube videos of the Mazzaroth GUI and I love the isometric look.
Anyway, thanks, Pete, for keeping this awesome site around! After the death of Geocities and most of the great QB sites it's great to be able to pop back in now and then and see what's been happening... :)
no doubt! I lost my games' webpage when geocities went (It was outdated anyways), and I still think this is the only real qb site left.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

The Network 54 Qbasic site is still busy too. Link:

http://www.network54.com/Index/10167

A lot of geniuses there. You don't even need to register to post.
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
coma8coma1
Veteran

Post by coma8coma1 »

burger2227 wrote:The Network 54 Qbasic site is still busy too. Link:

After spending a little bit reading the politics threads there I think I'm in :twisted:
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

LOL, that cafe thread is usually Pete(the owner. Not the same Pete as here) and me arguing. I'm clippy there because Pete hated the name lol.

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
coma8coma1
Veteran

Post by coma8coma1 »

ohhh. i just figured that was the same Pete as here. :roll: