Pete's Turtle Fable

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

Pete's Turtle Fable

Post by Pete »

<p><strong>Pete's Turtle Fable</strong> -- Posted by <a href="mailto:pberg1@ithaca.edu">Pete</a> on Sunday, December 7 2003<br>
I once saw a turtle cross the road. It was slow, sure, and wasn't really all that attractive, but by god, it was determined. It crept slowly and surely, always keeping its eye on that distant goal--the other side of the road, where the grass was greener, the sun was brighter and the air smelled like warm root beer. Yeah, that turtle sure kept at it, plodding along as fast as its little legs could carry it, with a look of sheer determination in his eye. And then, when he was almost there, the turtle stopped to look back at how far he'd come, how much he'd accomplished. As he looked back, a tear welled up in his eye and he thought "Look what I've done -- I, a lowly turtle have achieved so much." Proudly, the turtle turned back to finish its journey, now almost complete, when an eighteen wheeler came barreling down the highway, instantly crushing the turtle then proceeding to roll over it eight more times with each of the remaining wheels on that side of the truck. Yes, the turtle died that day, but in doing so set an example for all the other turtles out there who ever had dreams of crossing that wide, perilous highway--if something looks impossible to do, it probably is. Don't try something that looks difficult or has never been done before, because you're probably not going to succeed. In fact, don't even think about trying. You'll fail miserably, you worthless piece of scum.</p>
marrow

I also blah blah blah

Post by marrow »

just replying for the hell of it
camel

maybury lane is a cool name for a street

Post by camel »

billabong
Digital Shadow
Coder

Post by Digital Shadow »

heh heh...never stopped me
Its worth it.......if not just for the root beer
People laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh because there all the same... Soooo, if were all laughing, I fail to see the problem
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

I like the skating girl, you're always as helpful pete :P

Hehe...
I have left this dump.
redsunlee

Post by redsunlee »

I was registered at your forum. I have printed the test message. Do not delete, please.
redsunlee

Post by redsunlee »

Thanks for the suggestion, I wish it had worked.

taux demande pret personnel en ligne credit simulation Faire un pret immobilier en ligne avec un bon credittaux demande pret personnel en ligne credit simulation
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Hahaha, this was a post that I made when I was testing the script I wrote that automatically posts the front page news on to PHPBB (way back in 2003!). I don't know why I left it up, though...
coma8coma1
Veteran

Post by coma8coma1 »

that's some great advice there, pete! lol i feel so inspired! :lol: