Revive QB45.com?

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

tlsuess
Veteran

Revive QB45.com?

Post by tlsuess »

Hey guys,

We all remember the good old days of QB45.com when it was in its hay-day and run by Jorden Chamid. I was nostalgic and looking at the remnants archived on the WayBack Machine. And I thought: What if I brought it back?

I reverse engineer a lot of websites by studying their look and feel and their functionality to commands and such. I can make a CMS out of the old QB45.com and hopefully get it up and working for people to post files and talk.

What does everyone think about this? Because I am tired of QB45.com just sitting there and collecting dust. I always hear, "I have a backup. I have to look for it. When I do, I'll bring back QB45." and it makes me tired to hear false hopes. So why not do something about it?

--Todd
Brandon
Coder

Who will run said site?

Post by Brandon »

You are a poor admin if memory serves.
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

How so and who says exactly?
TmEE
Veteran

Post by TmEE »

I want QB45.com back, it was a GREAT place... and my Glass breaker QB as in top-10 :P
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

Personally I miss QB45.com. It was pretty much one of the best sites I'd visit daily until it would mysteriously disappear. I'll be reverse engineering the site from contents on the WayBack Machine. As long as there will be people to upload QB files and news, the site might come back to life.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I'd like to see it back as well. It was one of the first sites about QB-programming I visited and made great use of it.
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
burger2227
Veteran

QB45

Post by burger2227 »

As I recall, the site was not getting a lot of Forum hits. I uploaded some files there and the comments from users were just a bunch of SPAM. I told them about it and they did nothing.

If you do get it running, please remove user Download comments to save bandwidth.

Ted
Last edited by burger2227 on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Yeah, I agree with Ted.
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

sure we can always use another QB site..it would be GREAT!!!

much kudo's if you do...
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

Just an FYI, Marcade, The Car, and I are all working on QB45 and getting it ready to go live. Keep your eyes open because it should be up in the next couple of days.

And as a plus, Marcade found the QB45 archive so all the files that came with the original QB45 will be available.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

That's awesome. I used to use stuff from there but ever since it died out... and me losing the stuff... you get the point...

Just keep up the good work!!

Grtz
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

Thanks! Well it's not online yet but we hope it'll be up soon. There are just a few things that need to be straightened out with the system.

I just hope people will like it.
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

QB45.com is back up and running!

Let me know what you think. :D
sid6.7
Veteran

Post by sid6.7 »

hey looks GREAT!....thanks for doing that...i'll puruse it more tomorrow
i put up a link on my site for you also using your link code.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Yeah, it's really neat. I've put a link on my personal startpage. I will put a link on my own sat as well in the coming week.

grtz
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

Thanks! Be sure to submit your QB site links to QB45's link directory.
TmEE
Veteran

Post by TmEE »

This is really awesome !!!

I need to resubmit all my stuff... I couldn't find anything I've made.
Mida sa loed ? Nagunii aru ei saa :P
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

Please feel free to submit your files.