RSS feed of front page news

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

RSS feed of front page news

Post by Pete »

I just made an RSS feed of the most recent ten entries on the front page of this site:

http://petesqbsite.com/coranto/RSS/pete ... s_feed.php

You might be interested if you use an RSS reader, or for any reason want to syndicate this site's news somewhere else.

Note: All of the links go directly to www.petesqbsite.com for now, because the dated news script that I'm using isn't set up to create individual pages for each and every news item. Eventually, I hope to fix this, but for now, you'll just link to the main page.

(It won't be much of a problem, because there's seldomly more than one news post a month here.)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Oh, and getting it to validate was a bitch, by the way. RSS/XML is so god damn picky.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

So I've been playing around with RSS feeds from all of my sites, and it's amazing what kinds of things you can do with it!

I used Yahoo's awesome free application Yahoo! Pipes to create a "PETE'S MEGA FEED" that consolidates all of the RSS updates from all of my many websites.

http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/pipe.run?_ ... render=rss

I think I'm gonna make a new website for myself ("Pete Berg's Dashboard" or something) that consolidates all of the content I create online -- including the news updates from all my websites; and content I create on social networking sites like Flickr / YouTube / Facebook / Last.fm / etc. RSS makes it so easy!

Anyway... The RSS feed for Pete's QB Site has been updated so that now the links point to a specific news post rather than just the main page (using in-page targets on the main page).