QBinux pre-alpha-release

Announce and discuss the progress of your various programming-related projects...programs, games, websites, tutorials, libraries...anything!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth
Veteran

QBinux pre-alpha-release

Post by Seb McClouth »

Hello all,

I've been doing a lot of work on QBinux, and I'm looking for new testers.

I have two pre-alpha release tester and looking for a couple to do the alpha-release test.

Every alpha-tester is automatically a beta-tester and I need also beta-testers.

Volunteers can mail me at mcclouth.software@gmail.com

Grtz
Seb
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Update: I've just solved the first bug I was experiencing.
This means that Sunday, will be the first full-Alpha release, and I expect the beta-release to be functioning between Christmas and New Year.
If the beta-release is working according to plan, I will release the new version in the New Year.

Currently the homepage of McClouth Software is under construction and is undergoing some changes. I'm expecting to have the work done on that as well in the New Year, say before the end of the first week of January.

Grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

Do we need a Linux to test? I've got a Dell computer.
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I need people to test QBinux before releasing the full release...
If you want to become a beta tester, mail me at mcclouth.software@gmail.com.

grtz
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I've started to work on the beta-version, but I'm also waiting on the reviews from the pre-alpha and alpha-testers. If you would like to become a betatester, send me an e-mail, and I'll add ya to the list.

grtz
bungytheworm
Veteran

Post by bungytheworm »

Would be neat to try it out with some good time but no clue is there actually point to do so with dosbox.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

It can be used in XP, i've tried it. The code which runs is now doesn't affect anything important yet. If does, i'll have to advice every to move back to DOS and help me creating a full system...

Just kidding.

Grtz
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

How would we test it? Is it a compiler?
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

No, it's a fake linux.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Mentat wrote:How would we test it? Is it a compiler?
Nodtveidt wrote:No, it's a fake linux.
True, and not completly.
There's a lot of code used in QBinux which is the same as in Linux. Okay when it comes to booting and run standalone as an OS, it's (for now still) a fake OS, or as I prefere to call it, a Shell.

On how to test it? You get the compiled version and you can do your thing on the prompt, trying commands, and afterwards, giving me a review, and feedback.

Grtz