windows cursor control

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Hrothgar
Coder

windows cursor control

Post by Hrothgar »

I'm looking for a good way to get control over the mouse cursor in windows xp. Ideally a way to read cursor locations and button information from a file. Something similar to the SETMOUSE command in fb.

Maybe something like a mouse macro? Or would I need to use some kind of driver for a virtual mouse?

any ideas?
Towels may be harmful if swallowed in large quantities.
supernova

Post by supernova »

I think VB.NET has some mouse controls you could play with.
SYNTAX ERROR ...
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

VB can mess with a mouse too, but them buggers are hard to catch!

Do you realize how much data would be in a file like that? WHY?
k7
Coder

Post by k7 »

I've done it before in Visual Basic 6 to make a macro for Runescape.
Hrothgar
Coder

Post by Hrothgar »

VB looks promising but I'm a bit newbish in it and while it's pretty simple to get data from the mouse it seems a lot harder to get the mouse to follow the data.

my grand scheme, although it's probably above my current abilities, is to write a program that allows remote mouse control over an ethernet network (kinda like remote desktop) using a small amount of mouse data (say x,y,buttons,visibility) saved across the network to control the mouse on the other computer. Ultimately the plan is to have two computers linked with a couple of lan cables with the screens next to each other controlled by one mouse in a similar way to a dual monitor setup where when your cursor moves off the edge of one screen it appears on the other at the same location.

anyone think it can be done like that?
Towels may be harmful if swallowed in large quantities.