QB Express #25 needs submissions!

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Lachie Dazdarian wrote:Erm...games are still made for PC Engine? Weren't the last one released in like...1994? Enlighten me!

BTW, I assume you were in contact with DarkDread about this. Did you ever probe him about returning to our community as a FB coder? I wonder what he was doing for the last 5-6 years.
Yes, I've been in touch with DarkDread about this, and he loves what we've done. In his own words: "I must say, I'm _really_ impressed!"

I don't think he has any interest in coding anymore, the last I knew he was busy with music.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Post by Lachie Dazdarian »

Erm...
Erm...games are still made for PC Engine? Weren't the last one released in like...1994? Enlighten me!
Lachie Dazdarian - The Maker Of Stuff
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

The last NEC-approved game was Dead Of The Brain 1-2, released around 1997. Nowadays, there are only two companies working on PC Engine games, and neither are approved by NEC, Hudson, or any of the other relevant companies of the day. Those two companies are:

MindRec
MindRec is the only post-NEC PC Engine development company to ever successfully release actual CDROM software for the machine. It's owned and run by Bt Garner, a scene veteran and a close friend of the people at Turbo Zone Direct, the only remaining "official" marketer of new PCE/TG16 products. MindRec has been around for quite a number of years; their first (and so far only due to problems with pressing CDROMs in the required format) successful release was in 2002, which was a game called Implode. They have several other games in the works, including a couple of shooters, an RPG, and a run-and-gunner in the vein of the original Contra games.

Frozen Utopia
This company was started by me and a guy named Richard Marks in 2005. The name was conceived by myself and our primary musician, Drake Woods. We have not had an official release yet, only the demo of Mysterious Song, but we have several other games in the works, including a couple of platformers, a top-down adventure RPG (Zeldaesque), a fighting game, and a side-scrolling beat-em-up in the vein of Final Fight.

That's it...there are no others out there, and believe me, I've looked. There are a few independent one-man-armies though; people like Chris Covell develop games on their own, though generally without commercial aspirations.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Once again Pete, what's the hold up?
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Real life.
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

Hey Pete. Codemss and I posted an idea earlier you might want to check out. It could get us all more submissions. :)
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Sigh. You just have to have real life, don't you?
Mentat
Veteran

Post by Mentat »

Real Life? What's that? :D

I changed my idea. How about a general request section, for games AND tutorials and anything else. I'm having a hard idea of thinking of one. Nearly all of my recent finished ones are TI ones. I made a 2K Tic Tac Toe and a 1.5K spiderman engine (Complete with web spinning, falling, an elevator, and the spider-guy can jump on functions/graphs :) ). But when it comes to the computer, it's an instant writer's block. And I have a serious bug in my RPG (the only thing I'm working on) that I can't figure out (well, I know WHERE it is, but anything I do doesn't work :? ). So maybe it'll spin some ideas for the magazine.
For any grievances posted above, I blame whoever is in charge . . .
Imortis
Veteran

Post by Imortis »

Mentat wrote:...(well, I know WHERE it is, but anything I do doesn't work :? )...
It is entirely possible that you DON'T know where it is. It would make sense that it would be where you think it is, but if everything you try isn't working, then it's time to look elsewhere. If you would like some help, I would be more than willing to look over code for you.

I can easily be reached at ImortisInglorian at gmail dot com
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

This is getting ridiculous. I don?t mind the postponed release dates, only if they are announced. Disappearing for weeks and not announcing that is rude.
roy
Veteran

Post by roy »

You are the one that is rude. This is a QB/QBasic site and you are only interested in FB. Have you considered that Pete may be getting fed up with you and your plugging of FB.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Hehehe, you are funny.
k7
Coder

Post by k7 »

No offence Lachie, but I do find you whinge a lot :cry:
Roy, this forum is not specifically QB. There's probably just as much QB here as there is FB. Your probably the only person I've come across on this forum that doesn't like FB so there's no use criticizing it.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

roy, stfu and go back to qbasic.com if you don't like what Lachie has to say.
Lachie Dazdarian
Veteran

Yeah, I know I whinge a lot, but that hasn't got anything to do with the issue of FB in this forum.