CALL ABSOLUTE

If you have questions about any aspect of QBasic programming, or would like to help fellow programmers solve their problems, check out this board!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Seb McClouth
Veteran

CALL ABSOLUTE

Post by Seb McClouth »

Is there a way to call ABSOLUTE with having to compile the qb.lib along with it?

grtz
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
RayBritton
Veteran

Post by RayBritton »

i think that you need qb.lib while you are using the interpreter, but i could be wrong
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

I don't use the interpreter... just the command line to compile...
QBinux is a Linux distribution with the aim of integrating the work of the vast community of free software developers at Pete's QBASIC Site in order to create a modern, performant, safe and easy to use system for system administrators and desktop users.
RyanKelly
Coder

Post by RyanKelly »

Sorry... misunderstood your question the first time I read it and wasted a lot of time answering one you didn't ask... :)
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Hrm...can one use DirectQB if they don't include directqb.lib? :D

Of COURSE you need qb.lib if compiling code with the Absolute function. :D You need the .qlb in the IDE, but the .lib is for the linker.
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

Okay, that true... I did sumfin else... instead of using qbx.bi, I have included the necessary things from that in my own .bi file... and ofcourse linked the qbx.lib along with it.

thx
Seb McClouth
Veteran

Post by Seb McClouth »

btw... where is the bcl71efr.lib for?
RyanKelly
Coder

Post by RyanKelly »

Seb McClouth wrote:btw... where is the bcl71efr.lib for?
Stand alone run time library with error handling and floating point routines for real mode? Something like that. IF you look at a list of the run time libraries from 7.1 or VBDOS they start to make sense when you compare them to the compile options on the interpreter's "Make EXE" dialog.