QB Express Delays...

Latest news from this site.

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express Delays...

Post by Pete »

Hey QB Express fans --

Sorry I didn't get the December issue out by the end of the month. It's been very hectic few weeks. I planned to get QB Express out last night, but unfortunately, I had a major hard drive crash AND my motherboard fried last Monday, so I couldn't work on the new issue. Plus, I was busy making final preparations for my next semester (I will be studying/interning in Los Angeles until May).

I leave for L.A. tomorrow evening, and I'll be driving cross country until the fifth or sixth. (I have so much to do in the next 24 hours...)

QB Express #17 WILL come out next week. Promise. Once I'm settled in my new home in Burbank, I should have plenty of time to finish up the mag.

AND don't worry -- Issue #18 WILL come out in January.

Thanks for your patience!
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

No need for excuses, if you dont have time, you dont have time =)

Just publish it when you can and we'll all be happy =)

Have fun driving around :D
I have left this dump.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Come on pete, we are just fine. Do it at your convenience, and dont kill yourself from lack of sleep cuz you were up all night doing QB:XP.

It really is fine.
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

Hey Pete,

Be very careful driving out to LA. Don't push yourself. Stop often to eat, sleep, and rest. Out West the roads are very straight and long, and get very boring. Don't push the car either. Just take it easy and get there safe.

Ah yes, "beautiful downtown Burbank". I used to live very close by in Granada Hills. It's nice out there. California is "lay back" as they say. You may not want to go back to New York. :wink:

Go down to the beach sometime. You'll see some of the most beautiful women in the world. You lucky devil!

Regards,
Moneo
The Awakened
Veteran

Post by The Awakened »

It's a priviledge for us to have this mag, not a right. :) So no worries. :D

If anything, it helps us programmers develop something that sometimes gets neglected in our line of work: patience. :D
"Sorry for beating you up with a baseball bat Julian, but I DID think that you were a samsquanch."
tlsuess
Veteran

Post by tlsuess »

No problems, Pete. It was nice of you to tell us this, but don't worry, if it's delayed, it's delayed. :wink:
Torahteen

Post by Torahteen »

ETA of next issue? :lol:
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I've got it mostly done except for the News Briefs, Awards, opening / closing sections and my responses to the letters to the editor. I'm also waiting on an update on Lynn's Legacy from Josiah Tobin and Cha0s.

If anyone has anything else to submit for this issue, please send it along! As of right now, this issue has a LOT of tutorials, but very few articles / editorials and not a single game review.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

I think you need to change your location now Pete ;-). Candor NY isn't even in the same side of the country anymore LOL
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com