What kind of music do we all listen to?

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

m2j wrote:I'm getting progressivly more in to Black Metal, the likes of Darkthrone/Burzum/Mayhem. I've got about 3 DarkThrone albums and I a BM compilation or too.
Darkthrone's "A Blaze In The Northern Sky" is probably their most aggressive and well-defined album. If you don't have that one, get it ASAP...it defines what early Norwegian black metal is all about. :) Other stuff in that vein you might want to check out are Emperor's "Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk" (also check out Ihsan's side project...I don't remember what it's called though), Dissection's "Storm Of The Light's Bane", and just about anything by Dark Funeral (hah, especially Blackmoon's take on "Satanic Blood", it's rather funny).
m2j wrote:As far as powermetal goes I fork HATE IT. Especially DragonForce, and Anyone calling themselves Battle Metal. The idea that PLASTIC swords at gigs make them favourites among fans instead of gigs where REAL swords turn up sickens me. I hold very few things sacred, but my love of epic fantasy is the one I hold most dear, and this spinal tappification of it sends me into far right extreemism.
fork to that one.
m2j

Post by m2j »

I've got 'A blaze in the northern sky', and the one that came after it, where the name isn't written on the actual disk, but there's a pic of a tree + a dude in corpse paint... Is it 'under a funeral moon' or 'transilvanian hunger', or some other one I haven't heard the name of?

And I've got 'Hate Them', which is almost a punk album it's so stripped down... recorded in 25 hours I beleive... It's what got me into Darkthrone in the firstplace...

matt

Post by Guest »

Traditional Irish Music
Ceol na hGael
m2j

grammer

Post by m2j »

When you put a 'h' into an Irish word, it goes after the first consonant (eg. Conaic -> cHonaic).

But you never put a h after a G anyway.

What you're ment to put before the G in this case is a N.

Ceol na nGael.

Now for ya.

matt
urger
Coder

Post by urger »

My own fault for
a) not actually speaking the language
b) mistyping

Oh well, at least I can play worth a damm:-)
Share and Enjoy.
matt2jones
Veteran

Post by matt2jones »

Yeah, I figured you just miscopied an 'n' to a 'h', but it's about the only thing I know in irish (actually, a h can come after a g though, I checked it up), so I thought I'd play the bastard smart person for once...

matt
Do not mistake Apathy for feeling Content.

http://www.disjointed.cjb.net - Short Storys
http://matt2jones.deviantart.com - Random Art
http://www.freewebs.com/matt2jones - WebComic
Agent_Firestalker
Coder

Post by Agent_Firestalker »

It depends on your mood, i guess. If i'm in a serious thinking mood (programming, anyone?) i listen to apocalyptica (A 4 man cello band famous for it's metallica covers). On any normal day I listen to most alternative and modern rock, with some metal.

Long live Nine Inch Nails.... and System of a Down!