strange error

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

SebMcClouth
Veteran

strange error

Post by SebMcClouth »

After a tiny mistake: replacing sub sumfin as function sumfin, I got the message: duplicate label. Then I renamed function sumfin back to sub sumfin. Everything fine and all... NOT! I can run the program without any problem the first time. When I want to start again it states: duplicate label on every line!!!

How can I solve this?

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

After running it for 3 or 4 times, qb crashes, and dos states that EMM386 found an error... great...

grtz
Seb
I know why you're here. I know what you've been doing... why you hardly sleep, why you live alone, and why night after night, you sit by your computer...<br>
Unfortunately, no one can be told what Qbinux is. You have to see it for yourself.
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

You're using too much conventional memory, and/or string space.

QB fork up being QB and all..
I have left this dump.
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

should I then try to LH QB/L????

grtz
Seb
Wyndo

Post by Wyndo »

Is your program already really large, or are you making some assembly calls? If no to both, it might not be that. Try saving your program as "plain text", then open it in notepad and make sure that when you change your SUB to a FUNCTION that QB didn't accidentally make a duplicate in the source, leaving the original there. I don't know that it *would*, but if it's saying duplicate label, that's what I'd check first.
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

I'll just write it back from scratch. It's probaly that my memspace is completly full. Z!re told me so.

grtz
Seb
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Try loading QB using the /ah switch... and other than that, use chains, overlays... and FB for dos, lol. Works on dos 6.22 over here.
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

I got Dos 3.1, 4.10, 5.0, 6.2 (which I currently use), 6.22.

grtz
Seb
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Mabye should program in FB. I am sure it would be easyer, then you could also make a port to go to windows and stuff for the f*cking m$ fanboys...
Seb McClouth

Post by Seb McClouth »

Might replace QB 4.5 with 7.1. For some reason, which only Z!re knows.

grtz
Seb
DrV
Veteran

Post by DrV »

Nathan1993 wrote:Mabye should program in FB. I am sure it would be easyer, then you could also make a port to go to windows and stuff for the f*cking m$ fanboys...
And yet using MS-DOS is somehow not being a Microsoft fanboy? :D
SebMcClouth
Veteran

Post by SebMcClouth »

Scuse me?