other basics

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

other basics

Post by guest »

since we get so many question ideas for toher BASICS
can't we have a seperate forum for those...so we can
have our qb stuff seperate? pertty please?

like dark,free,rapid,liberty.....seperate
ShadowWolf
Veteran

Post by ShadowWolf »

not a bad idea to have sub forums for FB and QB or other dialects of basic but there would be a nasty con to doing it.

when the QBN forumed the FB subforums a uniqe little thing happened the QB related forums were neglected for the most part all the attention was in the FB forums. so FB based question got the most responces along with FB related programming problems ect while QB related one to a back seat since no one was really visting the QB subforums excepted for the hardliners. so QB related question/projects all got attention when it was a slow FB day.

so the question is do you really want QB to become a seconed rate citizen from human lazyness? right now qb and fb related question are all togather in one forum so fb users will run into them and then they might feal like responding put them in there on little area and the FB users will simple say who cares to much effort and move on.

Post by guest »

bummer...
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

not particularly. just go to qbn. :)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

FreeBasic and QBasic are so much alike, its almost crazy to have them separated,. I keep thinking FreeBasic is a sorta like a PDS-1000.. :lol:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
hezoe
Coder

Post by hezoe »

I think it's a good idea to have a seperate forum for BASIC deriatives but QB and FB can stay together; they are too similar. It would be a good idea to have a forum for Dark, Liberty, Small, Tiny, Rapid, Extreme(very new but good), etc.
Deleter
Veteran

Post by Deleter »

It would....except how many posts have you seen here regarding those language's? If people were asking those questions, then maybe it would make sense to make appropiate forums for them....but right now no one is, so why do it?
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

There wouldn't be enough users here to warrant forums for anything but QB and FB. If there's one thing I don't like, it's a lot of unused forums cluttering up the forum index page.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

This place is nice with only 4 places to worry about.... You can quickly check up on new post here, very nice.... :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
moneo
Veteran

Post by moneo »

I totally agree. The 4 forums here work just fine. The 16 forums at QBN have stuff scattered all over the place, which also causes duplicate topics.
If you are ahead of me, lead.
If you are behind me, follow.
If you are not doing anything,
Get out of the way.
hezoe
Coder

Post by hezoe »

Settled then.