Buggy login

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Spotted Cheetah - nologin

Buggy login

Post by Spotted Cheetah - nologin »

I logged in, then the board showed up that i am here, but not let me controlling myself (I could see that Spotted Cheetah is on the board while at the bottom still the login form was). Now what??

Funny since if i type in a bad password it refuses. But with my good password it "logs in" and does what i explained above. So i can not log in. But i am logged in! :lol: Now what?? :shock:
Spotted Cheetah

Post by Spotted Cheetah »

Hey! Now that cursed login worked! Funny... Then why it failed before??
After 60 million years a civilization will search for a meteorite destroying most of the living creatures around this age...

There must be a better future for the Cheetah

Running Cheetah is on again to work for it. http://rcs.fateback.com
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Try logging in more than once. Whenever I log in from a different computer, I have to log in twice.

I have no idea why this happens...and I have no idea how to fix it either.

An unfortunate side effect of logging in twice means that all of the new / unread messages get unhighlighted...

Post by guest »

Pete wrote:Try logging in more than once. Whenever I log in from a different computer, I have to log in twice.

I have no idea why this happens...and I have no idea how to fix it either.

An unfortunate side effect of logging in twice means that all of the new / unread messages get unhighlighted...
go here pete they had a similar problem
and eventually fixed it i can't rememeber
what it was but it might be cookies?

http://hosted.rangfar.com/bzflagworld/forum/

these kids are real nice and helpful ask DW or RPG
tell them sid6.7 sent you...they'll respond...
The Walrus
Veteran

Post by The Walrus »

I have reported the problem to the authors of phpBB, since this forum isn't the only one acting weird. QBasicNews and QBasic Network both have the login problem (at least I have it when using these pages). It started for me at QBasicNews right after they upgraded their forum to the new version, so I would guess it's a bug in phpBB.
If swimming is so good for your figure, how do you explain walruses?