How active are YOU???

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

{Nathan}
Veteran

How active are YOU???

Post by {Nathan} »

You think of programmers: lazy, slouching slobs with a bag og potato chips.

How active are you? Today, I rode my bike 12.46 miles. You?
mennonite

well...

Post by mennonite »

in the past couple days i walked 25 to 35 miles... but that's not common for me (and it started with a bag of potato chips, actually)
Z!re
Veteran

Post by Z!re »

1-3 hour kickboxing pratice each day, except weekends :D
I have left this dump.
Steve

Post by Steve »

A bike ride with my dad every week or two weeks (my last one was two weeks ago:)) and walk to school with a thirteen pound back pack full of binder's i don't need for that day. But no potato chips ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

Well let's see. I stay up almost all night until 5 in the morning. SLeep until noon or two in the afternoon. Get up, eat pizza. Drink vast amounts of soda. Play video games. Program. Write stories. Every monday I travel with my youth group to watch them play softball.

I work 6-7 hours every three days at the Freshway Deli in town where I sweep, mop, stack, and cook.

And then I start the process all over again. And I hate potato chips. And the couch is too far away from my computer. There's also only four channels on my TV way out here so no use in watching any TV.

However I use to walk about four to five miles a day for fun. Or around Midnight in order to simply get some air.
Later days,
Matthew

May those who love us love us
And those who don't
May the good Lord turn their hearts
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
So we'll know them by their limping
-Irish prayer
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

I work. :D That's about all the exercise I can get; my spine doesn't let me do actual exercise...just lifting boxes, pushing product carts, and standing around putting blisterpacks on hooks. :D Of course, the mental drain of designing new displays might be considered exercise...right? Right? :)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

I'm working 50 hours a week editing documentaries... 9AM to 6PM Monday through Friday, plus I usually have to go in on either Saturday or Sunday for four or five hours.

Honestly, it's amazing I even bother with QB Express and this site.. I really don't have the time for it...
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

40 hours/week at work. 2 or 3 times/week 1.5hour soccer practises + game. We also have 2 big and very active dogs with what i make a few kilometer long walks on forrest daily...so i dont consider myself as lazy at all :lol:

If i could make days few hour longer, i would start on judo again what was my favorite hobby on younger age.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

speaking of martial arts, I also do taekwondoe. I tested for my 3rd blackbelt on friday and that 2 days a week... not much, but eh... and boy scouts + campouts... its good for me.
matt2jones
Veteran

Post by matt2jones »

I used to train intensivly 6 days a week for rowing, for the past 5 years, but I stopped this year cause I was over age, so I think I've built up some fitness credit... though I did start smoking, which kinda fork it up. I'm thinking of starting weightlifting next year, cause thats fun and you can do it alone.

matt
Do not mistake Apathy for feeling Content.

http://www.disjointed.cjb.net - Short Storys
http://matt2jones.deviantart.com - Random Art
http://www.freewebs.com/matt2jones - WebComic
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I get out and ride my bike (If its not broke(as it is now)), also a BMX bike (Thats really a work out, I mastered the Pogo last summer!! wounder if I still can 8) ),

My lil bro gets me to choreograph a light saber battle... Mow the lawn when it needs its... latly practice Sport like shooting w/ a Plactic BB Air Solf gun.. I have a R/C Hummer w/ a electric motor like the ones you find in electric drills (540 can| 16,000 rpm's max| Top clocked speed: 10mph)....

There is also my Jeep,. :D ,. that can beat the crap out of ya, & feedback on the arms in a drift is also something..
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
j.b.

Post by j.b. »

I work 20 hours as a medical lab assistant, and have around 12-20 contact hours a week at university. This basically gives me heaps of time for exercise. Everyday at about 6am I go for a five km run. I'm also member of the Gym at my uni. Four days a week, I do an hours worth of cardio and light weights.

Being fit makes life easy.
ComDriver

Post by ComDriver »

Rugby two times a week for an hour and a half, geberal sport once a week for an hour and a game on Saturday 30 minutes each way.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

I got a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son....nuff said ;-)....LOL
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Zeerus
Coder

Post by Zeerus »

I'm 14, so I get out a lot and am pretty active.

I ride my bike about 10 miles every day. And I play 2 hours of Tennis and Basketball every other day. I also skateboard and play football with friends when I'm not doing web design stuff and programming :D
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

I beat all of you(well maybe not), I have a crappy spine and am not allowed to play contact sports, so I go play rugby union for my school, but I got lucky I was able to play 3 games and not get badly hurt. Thats very good exercise, also I do dunbells(I know thats the wrong spelling). I think I'm doing pretty good considering its winter down here in Australia.
Dr_D
Veteran

Post by Dr_D »

I weld humungous water tanks together every single day. I'm pooped. :lol:
The Dr. is INsane!!!
hezoe
Coder

Post by hezoe »

I'm surprised at how many Aussies I find on this forum and others alike. I kind of live in the 'bush' so I get a reasonable amount of exercise. I do have a pushbike but I'm usually riding my motorbike. I also cut wood almost every weekend. I play sport a lot at school as well.
Exodus

Post by Exodus »

I work 40 hours a week delivery for Jimmy Johns. I take 16-20 credit hours of schooling (although not this summer, I need a break). Because I'm not schooling this summer I play around 5-8 hours of Disc Golf a day.

Some of the students in my classes fit the programmers description percisely...I think it's disgraceful.

-Exodus