Wow there still is a qb community!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

QbProgger

Wow there still is a qb community!

Post by QbProgger »

Rediscovered this website (man this site has been around for forever, at least 7 years if I remember)

I've moved on from QB but it seems that a lot of you guys are having the same issues that the community had back a few years ago: people not finishing games, "os emulators", raycasters, etc.

Brings me to my point, would any of you guys like for me to upload my older projects and RPG engines/etc. for people who want to maybe learn a little bit about what mistakes to avoid and what things work etc.? :)

-QbProgger
email: ryan@shippysite.com
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Absolutely!

I'd be glad to have them in my Downloads section. Just fill out the form:
http://www.petesqbsite.com/sections/sub ... oads.shtml
ShadowWolf
Veteran

Post by ShadowWolf »

unfinshed projects isn't really a qb only thing you can find all the same type of stuff in any programming community.

the only real diff is the qb communty didn't have all the tool set's other communtys had untill now. now that freebasic around we can now have unfished projects at scales only dreamed about 2 years ago.

Post by Guest »

Hey pete if you could delete BWONG (not BWONG ENGINE) listing in GAME ENGINES that'd be great because it has the wrong file attached. Thanks :D

Post by Guest »

SIGH also delete the BWONG ENGINE with cotr.zip and the description involving bytecode sccripting etc. You know your project submission thing should really have a preview to cater to senile folks like me who copy/paste uncaringly.
QbProgger

Post by QbProgger »

Will submit more tomorrow I'm tapped out tonight. Submitted a few projects with many more on the way :)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

BWONG (all three listings you had up) has been deleted. Sorry there's no preview feature -- it's an extremely simple script I've got set up, and I never thought of installing a preview feature. (Good idea, though.) Maybe if I have a lot of free time in the future.

Post by Guest »

Also I noticed that it will allow you to upload a different file under the same name for different projects. So like if two projects uploaded a ROFL.zip, each project would link to ROFL.zip. This could create problems in the future, so you might want to check if a file exists and then append something to it.
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

yeah, I've known about that for a while too... I'm using the simplest script in the world to run that section, so its features are pretty barebones. But you're right, I really ought to fix that problem.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Mabye you should make someone like a co-admin that can delete things and stuff like that, someone that has more time than you... they could helpm with QBXP, do some updates (we need more QB news!!!) and download monitoring, upgrading scripts, all of that stuff that you don't have time to do.