Nuh uh

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Indigo Fox

Nuh uh

Post by Indigo Fox »

Are my eyes deceiving me?

I cannot believe that Pete's site lives once again ...

So much has changed in these past years, both online and off...
Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

Yeah, I was suprised as well when I first heard it was coming back this summer. Man I was so happy, I really tried to post a lot when it first came. Then I fell away. Now I'm back. And it's still here, YEAH!!! So isn't this awesome?
Later days,
Matthew

May those who love us love us
And those who don't
May the good Lord turn their hearts
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
So we'll know them by their limping
-Irish prayer
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Holy shit, it's Indigo Fox!

What's up, dude?

I haven't talked to you in like five years, ever since I abandoned my site!

Last year I decided to bring it back for some reason -- not sure why -- just wanted to update the site and restore it to its former glory. I wasn't planning on keeping it up to date or anything...but one thing led to another...and now I'm doing QB Express and I'm active in the QB community again. Fancy that.

What have you been up to over the past few years?
vohaul
Coder

Post by vohaul »

And don't you dare quit, Pete. If you need help around the site, I might be able to donate some hours over the course of the weeks.
I am what you'd call a nice bastard.
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I used to nearly cry over your dead site... so many downloads, tutors, links... dead.

I worshipped you nearly! Seeing you is better than seeing Darkdread, lol!

Really :lol:
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Aw, don't mind Nate over there, you are doing a great job Pete.

Hmmm...Pete, aparently people you once knew are showing up all over the place...Do your self a favour and don't let this die.

I accually might have something later for QBE#9...might...It will be a Function...Its really hard doing it, so if I have time I'll get it done. But this thing will make people everywhere think twice about getting away from QB. :D I promise you.
"But...It was so beutifully done"
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Why must you wait us?
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Wow, another QB legend comes out of the woodwork. Man, who's next? :D
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

I think I took a hint of sarcasim in that, Nek. :wink:

Naw, this IS big, makes Nate's Parser look like toothpicks. lol :lol:

No really, this was a challenge from a friend, but I'm going to release it open-source when I'm done. Can you say PERL Regular Expression Parser? :D
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Mitth, Nek is talking about Indigo Fox, not your parser.. :lol: ..

As for dropping QB, new advancements in computers is forcing us to do it really, My comp is old, and when ever, if ever I get a new one, I'll prob have all those probs with QB that others posted about...
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

:shock: Ummm...ah....oh... :oops: :oops:

Hmmm...sigh...and I thought he was talking about me.....real nice...*Mit goes bang head against wall*

Ya you'll have trouble, I had trouble getting XP to swallow QB, and finally when it was choking I had to shove it down there. :lol:

But hey! I think my comuter is pretty new -->1Gig RAM, 3.0 GHz Pentium IV, good grapics card....forgot what that was, its a dell, I finally got DSL for it, XP, AND I got QB to run on here, as well as the very old DOS games called Lemmings and Rebel Assault.

You'll have trouble but it can happen.
Indigo Fox

Post by Indigo Fox »

Nekrophidius! Thank you 20,000% for telling me to download ModPlug Tracker when I was in 8th or 9th grade several years ago .. it now seems tracking is going out of style, but you showed/taught me one of my only hobbies.. I couldn't ever thank you enough for it!!

These past years have been crazy. The QB community fell apart (compared to what it was at least) and I fell out of it as well.. I had good intentions with Pete's site, and honestly, there are numerous design ideas and half-done versions of it on my computer still. The last time I updated was when I lost access to Pete's server... I lost the password, and had no way to get ahold of him.. so it was over.

Eventually my mind went other places, and the internet wasn't such a big part of my life (or my entire social life anymore..) and it stopped being so cool.. lately I have been getting back into these things, and oh man, I hope it doesn't get boring fast ..

I bet if I ever actually *finished* a game it would be the shit .. even if only for the fact that it were actually completed.. I should give it a try and release a hundred different walking demos like back in the good old days.. hehe
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Indigo Fox wrote:I bet if I ever actually *finished* a game it would be the shit .. even if only for the fact that it were actually completed.. I should give it a try and release a hundred different walking demos like back in the good old days.. hehe
At least you make it to a demo, b4 I knew I could share my progs across the net, I had hundreds that never made it past a 10 Lines of code... :lol:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

OH MY GAWD :shock: it's Indigo Fox....WOW...I can't hardly believe what my eyes are telling me....holy shit....you're like.....a stranger to me....

as a matter of fact, you ARE a stranger to me!!! lol.... nice to meet you though....from what I'm seeing, you're a legend...lol...
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Indigo Fox

Post by Indigo Fox »

MystikShadows wrote:as a matter of fact, you ARE a stranger to me!!! lol.... nice to meet you though....from what I'm seeing, you're a legend...lol...
I saw that too.. I never really thought so, but it sure did make me feel cool :D
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

oh all the reuinions....too much....no stop please...just kidding. :lol: