My website

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Levi
Veteran

My website

Post by Levi »

Okay, there is very little if anything there right now. But I hope to change that after I gain a few programs to put up. It's mostly Windows styled games so FB looks like a great language to use. But I'm getting off track.

Basically my website is called AnciTech for Ancient Technologies. It's a retro-game and utility site. Where you can find program clones of many older technologies with modern advances in some.

Right now I have a "Choose your own adventure maker" I'm hoping to make a pong, snake, brickbraker, and a text-based webbrowser.

Anyone have any ideas for anything else I should put on my agenda or any games and utilities you'd like to submit. It's all windows based so far but console shouldn't be a problem.

Also just check out the site and tell me what you think.

ancitech.allprogramming.net

Later
Later days,
Matthew

May those who love us love us
And those who don't
May the good Lord turn their hearts
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
So we'll know them by their limping
-Irish prayer
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Hmm... yeah, flash intro, then "Under Construction".

Let us know when you put something up!
Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

Well like I said, I can't put anything up until I have something to put up. I'm mainly looking for suggestions for programs or submitions for them. Full credit and reviews given of course.
Later days,
Matthew

And those who don't
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
-Irish prayer
vohaul
Coder

Post by vohaul »

Okay, suggestions... Hmmm...

How about this: Flash intros suck. Big-time. I don't know what people's obsession with them is, but I just don't see the point. All it adds is one click more to get to the stuff you're at the site for. It's like trying to make it seem your website is better than it is. A simple, to the point, nicely designed and layed out (both navigationally wise and design wise) website is often the best way of getting and keeping visitors.

Just my .02$ :)
I am what you'd call a nice bastard.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Ya? Well this is my 4 cents. :D

So do metatransitions. (they suck)
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Hay, the flash was cool.. I'm surprize it worked on my comp, and it didn't freeze up once.. I like flash any way, and have for awhile, and might take it up also.. other say my site isn't the best already, so it wouldn't hurt,, heh.. :D :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Levi
Veteran

Post by Levi »

Yes well thank you for the info on the flash. Just so you know I wasn't intending to keep it. I'm just experimenting with flash and decided to make a temporary splash page while I actually got content up. It was meant soley as something more exciting than "Under construction" alone had.

Of course there's no point in having visitors without content. So if you have anything you'd like hosted here just let me know.
Later days,
Matthew

And those who don't
And if he doesn't
May he turn their ankles
-Irish prayer