About nine months ago I needed a replacement remote for my car and new ones cost $80
so I found cheap ones on the web for $25 instead.
I still had to get it reprogrammed too for $25 at a dealer's so it still set me back $50.
I had this spare remote in my car for emergencies and to give to valets or friends.
Recently my car started unlocking the doors while driving and overnight so I took a look:
I was just gonna change the battery, but stuff fell out when I took it apart.
Foil pads were stuck to the circuit side and others just fell out.
I think that it got hot in the car and the foil was connecting sporadically from that.
After trying it without the foil and only getting the Emergency horn button to work
I decided to try gluing them on to the rubber side with my famous clear caulking:
I made the bottom one over again with a hole puncher and aluminum foil. So far my car has not unlocked while driving or overnight again! Been 2 weeks.
GREAT FIX for worn out remote buttons if it works out!
I've used aluminum foil before to repair faulty TV remotes.