How can I stop the"boom"'BOOM", base noise ma

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

GarryRicketson
Veteran

How can I stop the"boom"'BOOM", base noise ma

Post by GarryRicketson »

There are too many "little punks" around here, and they a;; have these loudspeakers in there pukey little cars, they don't play music, they just make lots of noise, it rattles the windows, and makes my ears ring,.. "BOOM"Boom Boom. over and over, no musical notes, nor rhythm , or songs, just a horrible "basey" booming, noise,...even wearing ear plugs, I still feel it, "pounding" at my head, ...
So anyway, I am wondering, if there is not some way, maybe I could build, or even buy some kind of device, that generates a "signal", or some thing, that would cause the amplifiers, they use to short circuit, or over load,...
A shot gun would work too, but that is too obvious. and I don't want to go to jail, something, not so noticeable, small,... any ideas ?
I tried calling the police, but it has not done much good.
from Garry
Last edited by GarryRicketson on Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GarryRicketson
Veteran

This time the police did , shut them down

Post by GarryRicketson »

Well I called the police, again, this time they came, and apparently, said something, to the "source", the noise stopped, at least for now,..
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

You did the right thing Garry. Hope they just leave it be. Do they know who complained?
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
GarryRicketson
Veteran

Post by GarryRicketson »

Unfortunately they do, when the police came, they (the police), had driven by the house, but apparently, could not tell where the "noise" was coming from, so they circled around the block, since I saw them, I came out, and pointed out to them, the noise was comeing from the car, parked in back of the house, they could also hear it too, so they went back over there, however, when I was talking to the police, there were 2 other neighbors out side, , one lives right behind me, the other, I did not know, well the "other" walked across the street, to the house on the corner, and by then the police were all ready back over there, but the one guy, that lives behind me, told me , the guy that left, and walked to the house on the corner, is the father, of the "kid", that owns the car, that has been particularily troublesome, the same one, that was behind the house, where the police went too,.. so I am not sure,.. the "kid" that always has the noise up so loud, may be in "double" trouble, both with the cops, and his father,.. now.
I am not to worried, though, and a couple of weeks ago, the police, also told me to let them know, if anyone, dose anything,..like threatening, etc,..This is such a small town, too, if anyone dose anything, the police all ready would know, who to suspect,...so it would be pretty foolish, on they're part,..
How ever, now I am sure there is a small "group" that is not very happy with me either,
but I did try 2 or 3 times, to ask them to , at least turn it down, only to be "laughed at" and then they turn it up louder,...this happened, when the guys, parents were not there,..
Anyway, I am leaving this area in a couple of weeks, so it won't really matter,.. I hate it here, but that is another subject,..
I have read a little, on these "EMP device", things,... I don't know much about that, but some guy implied that there is a way to make one, that can be "pointed" at the electronic device, and "wreck it",... sounds neat, but I don't think it is very realistic, just wish full thinking, I have been "googleing" for more info though, but have not found anything real clear, as how to make one, with your posts about the LED lights, etc, it got me thinking, about elelctronics, generally, and then this, is not very related to LED lights, so I started it as a new topic,..
burger2227
Veteran

Re: How can I stop the"boom"'BOOM", base noise ma

Post by burger2227 »

Well I've never heard of a device that blows up other people's stereos, but you could get a set of headphones or ear plugs. The police seem to be concerned so give them time. I'm sure that you are not the only neighbor affected. Did you tell your landlord? He may know the people.
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
GarryRicketson
Veteran

Post by GarryRicketson »

Actually, it has worked out ok, this was kind of a long time ago, a few months now,
and I do wear ear plugs, also, but the vibrations are so strong, I still feel it,..
The first time I called the police, they did come, but these guys apparently also use a scanner, they shut the noise down, before the police got there,.. so then a few days later, instead of calling the police, I went to the station in person, the officer I talked to was very understanding, and he advised me, if in the future, I have to call, to tell the dispatcher, they are useing a scanner, so they will dispatch someone, but not by radio,..He, the officer, also drove over in his car, and the noise was still going full blast, so he gave them a warning,..that stopped it for a couple of weeks, but later again, same guys, but different house, near by, so I called, and also told them, probabley they use scanner,..well they sent 2 patrol cars, I was out side when they showed up, and there had been a pause in the noise or "music", so the officers had not heard anything, and when they saw me, they stoped. and I was explaining to them, where the noise was coming from, well about the same time, the noise started again, full blast, ( we, me and the patrol cars) were sort of around the corner, they could not see us, and probabley thought they had left,...but anyway the officers also heard it, went back over there,...they were there for quite a while, I don't know exactly what was said or done, I think they got a ticket, for the noise ordinance, violation,...anyway, now it has been pretty quiet around here the last 2 or 3 months. :D
I don't have a "land lord", I llive right here at work,..but also the owner here, does have some influence with the police,...
iamdenteddisk
Veteran

Post by iamdenteddisk »

I know how to fix this problem!

take a hammer and break spark plugs or an old crock-pot into pieces.
once you have little 1/2 inch pieces of porcilin you will need a simple slingshot.

on each pass pop a window for them, they will probably stop driving by. if not they will eventually have no windows to rattle.

taking a pro-active stance in the community and "occupying it" is the only way I know to get the comfort level you expect.

I call it bearing the standard. post a sign with your expectation, enforce it!

it has a cost but it is well worth it. "passivity" is how you lose it fast.

"you cant lawfully control other humans but you can ward them off with the right approach". so it's educational..

if this sounds extreme, I say it's not heads on a pole or hanged men in the trees but we haven't reached the point of needing to take extreme measures..