Pixel Shifting (MS Paint Art/with a lil backup)

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Pixel Shifting (MS Paint Art/with a lil backup)

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) heh, heh, My hand drawings and Pixel Shiftin are the best form of art I do... Pixel Shifting is one I some what created and prefected only so I could draw picture that looked real... they got these apps now that do this for you, but the way I do it is raw pixel by pixel... All cutting was done in MS Paint, I used another prog to change colors, and cast the decal("brembo" second car) into a simi-3D plane so I could manualy warp it in MS Paint right to the body..

Take a look at these Before, after pictures of my Pixal Shifting...

-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

nice

Do you know how to change the angle of veiw?
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:D Yeah, find a pic at a diff angle, as for actuly doing that with a bitmapped image would be impossble... WYSIWYG, at a diff angle your getting a diff part of the picure thats not recorded, so no you can't rotate it..

The 3D thing, its a shearer(how ever that thing is spelled), you can use it to create a 3D fx with a flat pic like a decal, this is to bring it to the angle to the part of the body I plan to set the decal, then warp it... harder said than done.. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

WEll I was just asking cause I have no clue on how to draw a pic of my ship for my game at a different angle...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Well, with a bitmap, you got to draw it at a diff angle....

Tho if you talking bout a rotating it like to its (side) step by step,.. hmm, look at Vics HAW 2D rotation tut... as for that, yeah any pic can do that, but in QB you need to put it in a array of pixals with a verable positions...sorry, I thought you wanted 3D rotation.. or do you?
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

I mean how do you draw something tilted
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Heh heh, you going to try what I was going to do but dropped it...

You need to make pics of your ship at a angle, then have them PUT when you move left and right.... You might could find anothe way,. but I can't think of any..

but up a puting them at a angle like that is really immpossible if you want it to look good.. just have to draw extra ships. :wink: But, you know Rels stuff, remake your ship 3D, you could turn it any way you wanted then.. animation would only be like this..

Code: Select all

IF i <= 3 THEN
    'Draw 3D ship 1
END IF
IF i > 3 THEN
    'Draw 3D ship 2
END IF
Hope this helps.. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

:shock: ARE YOU CRAZY! USING A 3D SHIP! THAT WOULD MAKE THIS AS SLOW AS...SOMETHING REALLY SLOW! :shock:

I'm sorry but no, no 3D ship!

Wait a minute NOT IMPOSSIBLE! If....
I could make the image 3D in my loader program, then GET the image from the screen, and VOLA! A tilted 2D ship sprite! And all I need to do is to BSAVE it! He HE! Thanks for the nudge in the right direction! :D
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Well, I'm refering to, I can't tilt the image of that Lamborghini... its recorded and fixed in that spot... In QB, yeah, not impossible with the right coding...

heh heh, OpenGL is fast,.. I modified to sample code a lil and set up the rotate speed... :shock: It went so fast all the colored sides blended together.... I wish they had a good tut on OpenGL around FB, all I find are C++, C, VB,.. crud, oh well,... I'm starting to grasp this sample code, starting mind,. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Look up some 3D tuts here at petes for QB. Some of there examples are sick with speed.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:D Yeah, some one figured out how to speed up math processing, like that ( \ ) in racasting, very nice!!

Say, what happened to my pictures? lol... Heh heh, I'll just swap 'em for my Jeep upgrade I did to it maybe,.. that really looks cool.... hmm, I'm kinda stuck tho, what type of car do you think I should do up next??
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Ummm I still see the car pics....

Get a Camero 360 Spider...he he I love that car in Need for Speed. Expecialy the horn...Hey I can't drive yet so there. :P
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) You mean a Ferrari 360 Spider?? I don't ever remember NFS using a Camero,.. they do all exotic, cept 4 NFSU and the next one out NFS Minivan,. :lol: :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Opps... Umm ya thats it...heh heh...ummm...a...ummm...ok...*Mit backs ways slowly*...heh heh...
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:) Yes, you've just met a car crazy dude, :wink: , but its a idea if I can find a pic.. :D , the Ferrari..
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Well I abandoned my 3D-2D GET Pic of my ship, It worked but only looked good Rotating and not as individual frames....Oh well :roll:

I guess I will just draw something instead...