QB Express #7 Submissions

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Pete
Site Admin

QB Express #7 Submissions

Post by Pete »

Hey guys. It's that time of the month again -- yes, it's time to start rounding up submissions for the February issue of QB Express.

I'm looking for just about anything. Tutorials, articles, comics, letters to the editor, new stories, comedy articles, a program to feature in the Gallery, rants, game reviews, QB history articles, etc. I'll take stuff about QB, FreeBasic and programming in general. Also, if you want to write but need help coming up with a topic, PM me.

The deadline for this issue is: February 15th. So try to get your submissions in by then.

Here's a little list of the stuff that might be in the next issue that I've gotten / know about so far:
  • STUFF I HAVE:
    -"Playing WAVE Files Through The Windows API" - aetherfox
    -Text RPG Tutorial - Nixon
    -Music Composition Tutorial - Matt2Jones
    -FreeBasic Pointers Tutorial - VonGodric
    -Animation Tutorial - Rattrapmax6 (Kevin)
    "SDL Basics with FreeBASIC - Tutorial 1" - BastetFurry
    "SDL, FreeBASIC, transparency, keyboard and other suspects - Tutorial 2 " - BastetFurry
    -"FreeBasic Is The Future" Letter / Article - SJ Zero
    -Comic - Rattrapmax6
    -Letter to the Editor - Lachie Dazdarian
    -Letter to the Editor - Nixon
    -Letter to the Editor - Matt2Jones
    -Letter to the Editor - Krisu

STUFF I'M WAITING ON:
    -I.F. Games Chapter 2 - na_th_an
    -Game Review - MajikMan
    -FB GUI Tutorial Part 2 (?) - Nekrophidius
    -FreeBasic Game Review - Zap

STUFF THAT I MIGHT GET:
    -QBNow! Vol. 2 Part 1 - Neo
    -Scripting Series Part 2 - Chaoticmass
    -Joe's Pointless Points 3 - Joe King
    -"Screen 13 Manipulation" Tutorial - Nemesis
    -Character Creation Tutorial - Levi
    -Blast From The Past! - Pete
    -Game review - Mitth'raw'nuruodo
    -Game review - Oz
    -Game review - Nixon
    -Something - Collin Donnell
    -Something - Fizzter
    -Something - Lachie Dazdarian
    -PHP Series Part 3 - 19day (Delayed until Next month)

The stuff that "I Might Get" is either unconfirmed, or they are holdouts from past issues. Don't count on any of them, but you never know, people might come through.

So if you want to write, just contact me and I'll set you up. You can email me (pberg1 "at" gmail.com) or PM me. You can also just send finished articles in, and I'll publish them.

Remember: Deadline is February 15th
Last edited by Pete on Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Ok Pete....

I'm ditching the review, BUT you said anything....right?

So, I'll do a rant on the morality/praticality of making an AI in QB. :D

Ok?
"But...It was so beutifully done"
m2j

Post by m2j »

Wow, finally fork back. Damn electrician fork up the wiring of the phone lines...

It's been a while. Nice to see someone else submitting comics, and I'm gonna give a big fork read of the last two issues to get up todate.

I'm a little dry with BBY at the time being, cause no-ones pissed me off lately, but I'm gonna write SOMETHING and send it to you, I swear...

Anyhoo, hows it been and shit

Matt
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Hey man, I was wondering where you went to!

Great to see that you're back. Hopefully you can find the time to make a few more BBY comics or something, because they ROCK.

Anyway...gotta go to class.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I drop in 3 things for the last QBE and I get the unlikly list!! Hurray!!,. I said I take more than 30min to lay out a new QB Comic, but not miss the deadline, and I've finished it up,(3 hours this one, some eye-candy too! trust me 8) )

It will be in the mail today or tomorrow, maybe I'll think of a tut, or somthing too... on animation, maybe, slap that in the unlikly menu, hehe,.. :D ,.. or anything you need I'll try and see if I can't do it.. :wink:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Rattrap: I didn't get any specific information from you about what you were planning to submit. You just said "something" before...therefore, the unlikely list. :)
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I think I need to be more clear when I say a joke,. I was joking :) ..

hmm,. I thought I said somthing bout it,.. I did, but it was awhile back right after the last QBE,... oh well,... I'm working on getting it to you now. :wink:
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

I might explain how to make a parser and show my example proggy that has its own thread!
:lol:
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Nathan1993 wrote:I might explain how to make a parser and show my example proggy that has its own thread!
:lol:
Say, so does that mean mine and Mitth's patch works for ya? :wink: Not nice you leaving us hanging wondering if our debuging power has been wasted,.

Hay Pete, that comic is in the mail.. :D This one should be betta, the last lost in color when I moved it to my other comp,. I repainted their barn. :D

PS: :shock: Nathan, hehe, I still think that proggy is alsome, keep it up. :wink: =b Where is this thread?
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
m2j

Post by m2j »

OOh! Who's up for BBY Vs Horse?!?!?

matt
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

hmmmm...ok ya please tell us :cry:
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I wasn't going for that, hehe, I just have millions of horse comics, more modern cross midevil city of 'em... I'm just spinning 'em off for QB, and FB... :D

You don't have to worry about me stepping up to your blood n gore,. other wise M - Ao rated comics,.. Your style is somehow holding up, yours was missed over my replacment last month.. But graphics, thats what I'm holding right now,. but thats limited, and I wish you not to step up yours, :wink: ..
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
m2j

Post by m2j »

Wow... Who noticed it was missing?!? That is a surprise :D

So its agreed: Your sphere of influence is actual humour, real pictures and more then black, white and red,

While I get unreadable fonts, eye seeringly pure colours and immoral conduct?

matt
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Yep, that just about sums it up.. :D

I got some nice eye candy n the first 6 frames this go around this month,. and I repainted the barn.. :wink:

What new things are you pulling or cursing out this month?? :)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

Do the comics have to be QB/FB/Computer related? I was thinking about making some Zelda comics for this issue.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

:D , If its about a Zelda game in QB or FB, I'm sure that would be fine, but looking at M2j's Pete might just take anything... :wink: Course Pete like M2j's, oh well, PM Pete and find out!!!! :)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Nope, I'm only going to run comics that are QB, FB or programming related. Zelda is too far off topic for this mag.
m2j

Post by m2j »

but looking at M2j's Pete might just take anything...
Hey... Hey Ratboy... Hey-fork YOU! 8) dON'T THINk I didn't hear tha8xot. Expect a slaughterous retord form BBY sometime soon.

And Pete, I'm emailing you part one of a four part music composition tutorial I'm writting. It's not expressly QB, but I will be explaining it in terms of Winjammer and Qmidi like 19day did with QBTM (at least I think it was him), but focusing on 'Classical' ways of actually writing the scores, like I learn in music class. It's aimed for coders with no musical ability so they can write songs for their games, though this first installment is pretty much all theory.

Anyway, take a look.

matt
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

BINGO! M2j, you took my bate quicker than I thought,. :D

But somthing about Bullies get me fired up, just had to lay that for you to pick up, hehe...

Slaughterous?,.. don't waste your time even trying to make me mad, or retaliate,.. I'm the hardest person in the world to tick off... you have much better things to do with your time I'm sure.. And taking on me would be a easy target belittleing your cursing powers.

Oh well, Nathan, guess that means no Zelda, altho there have been several Zelda's done in QB,.. :wink: aka, scroll back up to get's Petes message. :)

PS: Sorry for getting in with you QBers comic Idol,.. I just couldn't help myself... :wink: ,...
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

A ZELDA COMIC???? ARE YOU MAD??? :shock:

Please don't contaminate the ZELDA series, like that game did a while ago, I can't remember the game!

Ohhhh.... :shock: a music tut! thats great, I could learn now accually how to write my music for the game.....

Lets see, 3D graphics, good game style (simple yet good), and now music, hehe, NOW I SHALL TAKE QB TO A WHOLE NEW LEVEL AND MAKE IT WEEP WHEN I COME!!!! :twisted:

:roll: Umm...never mind that.

Oh ya Pete, do you what it or not?