Tips of life!

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

{Nathan}
Veteran

Tips of life!

Post by {Nathan} »

Post your tips of life here.

RULES:
#1> There are younge people here.
#2> Post tips, you can post comments, but post a tip with it,
#3> Just a reminder about #1... and be serius.

My tip:
Before you take a crap (a big one anyway) put some toilet paper in the toilet to the toilet water dosn't splash onto your butt. Wow! I don't think I posted any spelling errors!
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Okay... If you start to spin out in a car, DO NOT SLAM THE BRAKES!!,..

You'll lose all controll, trust me :wink:,.. always let off the gas, quicky streer into the spin, and you should fell it come back under you. When this happens, put the car back on track, and your on your way..

And don't be like me or my dad and force the car into a slide,. this post was for if you start to lose cantroll of your car on a dirt road, or snowy roads, or (wet roads(thu that norm comes from driving to fast, which is always a nono on puplic roads!!)) besides, I have a really, really big feild to play in, and proper training and guidance. :)
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Post by Mitth'raw'nuruodo »

Ok...Leave it to Rattra to post one about cars.

I have two tips (plus many others in my :D Mit's Tip of the Post :D but those are for QB) anyway:
  1. Never eat Rasberries unless if you want to be making the bathroom smell nice.
  2. When you see a Mountain Lion, do the opposite of a Bear, stand as tall as you can get and scream and yell like a mad man. Because they don't attack you if they think that your dangerous like the Great White Shark.
"But...It was so beutifully done"
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

#1: When confronted by someone who has the intent to kill you, realize that he has already thrown his own life away by not valueing yours. Do not allow them to take your life, there are a great number of people who will miss you if you are to leave this world. Do whatever it takes to preserve your life, even if it involves taking theirs. As said previously, they already do not value their own life; the fact that they wish to take yours is more than enough evidence to support this.

#2: Eat healthy early on in life and you won't have to do the later-in-life health rush to extend your life. Try to avoid such places as McDonalds, Burger King, etc. The food they serve, thus the food you eat, will shorten your lifespan and can make your younger years less enjoyable. Although there are ways (many natural ways in addition to some medicines) to reverse the physical damage caused by this abuse of your body, the lost time and feelings better spent in other ways are irrecoverable.

#3: Just because one person has treated you wrong doesn't mean all people like them are going to. Remember that everyone is unique. Don't blindly trust everyone, but don't shut the door on everyone either.

I'll write more as I think of them. :D
{Nathan}
Veteran

Post by {Nathan} »

If your car gets submerged in water and you can't open your door, kick out your windshield. It was ment to be kicked out, while the windows are bendable.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

Nathan1993 wrote:If your car gets submerged in water and you can't open your door, kick out your windshield. It was ment to be kicked out, while the windows are bendable.
I'd get myself out of the car long before it hits water ;-)
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

1. Love me

2.Hate microsoft

3. Let dog go out before it sh**?s on carpet

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Good advice Lurah.

-Watch out for the rabid squirrils because they're visious!
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

lurah wrote:1. Love me
Who the hell are you? :shock:
lurah wrote:2.Hate microsoft
Yeah really smart, blind hatred. :roll: Or is that jealousy I see? :lol:

Okay, one more for now...

If you have ant problems in your house, lay table salt where they come in. Ants hate salt and will retreat. If that doesn't work, draw a chalkline around their entrance. Ants cannot cross a chalkline. :D
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

He He, some more!

1. Don't focus on live so much you forget to live!

2. Don't focus on the road so much you forget to drive!!

3. Don't look at blue & gray screen so much you forget to Program!!!

4. Don't look at this post so much you forget to reply!!!! (yes the one your reading)

:wink: :D :roll:
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Nekrophidius wrote:
lurah wrote:1. Love me
Who the hell are you? :shock:
Its Lurah!
Nekro wrote:
Yeah really smart, blind hatred. :roll: Or is that jealousy I see? :lol:
Why do you think everything that everyone else thinks that don't think the same way you think is blind hatred? Thats a little self-conceided to me. BTW I agree with lurah, I could go on for miles with microsoft. Starting with its monopoly, with it its hard for other businesses to get into the programming world and new innovations are less frequent, (Like a gene pool, less people contibuting, the smaller it is), which is bad for the whole programming community.

Anyway to satisfy the rules for this thread....

-Don't procrastinate, it ultimitaly leds to self-harm.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:Why do you think everything that everyone else thinks that don't think the same way you think is blind hatred? Thats a little self-conceided to me.
If you see it that way, then that's your malfunction.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:BTW I agree with lurah, I could go on for miles with microsoft. Starting with its monopoly, with it its hard for other businesses to get into the programming world and new innovations are less frequent, (Like a gene pool, less people contibuting, the smaller it is), which is bad for the whole programming community.
Welcome to the real world, where competition is fierce, big corporations are sharks feeding on the little fish, and the little fish like you and Lurah are jealous of the big sharks like Microsoft. :D It's easy for a business to succeed in the software world...don't try to take over Microsoft's market shares, or if you do, produce something superior to theirs, compare it at every possible opportunity, and advertise the hell out of it. Firefox is a killer example of a product that not only directly competes with Microsoft but kicks its ass across town...

New tip for life: Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Nekrophidius wrote:
Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:Why do you think everything that everyone else thinks that don't think the same way you think is blind hatred? Thats a little self-conceided to me.
If you see it that way, then that's your malfunction.
There you go again just proving my point...
Nekro wrote: Welcome to the real world
No crap.

I was saying that little businesses don't have a chance to expand thereofre the pool of knowlege is less therefore we all loose.
Nekro wrote: New tip for life: Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty, and the pig likes it.
:shock:

Here's my advice:
-The present is not the future or past, the future is the future, the past is the past, plan for the future and learn from the past but live in the present.
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:There you go again just proving my point...
Well it's certainly not MY fault you don't like what I say, now is it? So it must be yours. :P
Mitth'raw'nuruodo wrote:I was saying that little businesses don't have a chance to expand thereofre the pool of knowlege is less therefore we all loose.
That really depends on who's running the little business. A tiny upstart attempting to make an OS to challenge Windows is going to have an exceptionally difficult time of it. Do you know how many alternate operating systems have failed in the last 10 years? Even big corporations who try to compete with Microsoft often fail...Star Office? What the hell is that? The only reason it's still around is because a big company developed it but didn't put every resource they had into it. They were smart...unlike the tiny upstart who puts all their resources into directly challenging Microsoft. The list of broken companies that tried this is miles long...and all because they weren't smart enough to hang with the big boys.

New tip for life: Might doesn't always make right, but a good kick in the head brings most people around to your way of thinking. :lol:
Pete
Site Admin

Post by Pete »

Might I remind you that this entire website is devoted to a programming language created by Microsoft? If it weren't for Microsoft, none of us would be here right now. Microsoft has a lot more good things for computer users than bad.
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

And might I remind you that our "beloved" Microsoft(tm) Also invented the comcept of updates and service packs by using their "dear" customers to basically beta test their applications (and charging us for it too). :-)

No pun intended here :-). but MS gave itself that reputation, not us. :-).

Sure they have done good things, no two ways about it. but there's many things, in the past, that simply can't be forgotten. And the way Windows Longhorn is going / aiming to be, allow, dissalow as far as features and control panel goes, they're on their way to adding another one to their list of darkness :-).

At least DOS and QB family weren't part of that list of darkness :-). doesn't mean they didn't have any ;-).
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

:shock: Crap Pete's right and I'm wrong....Heh :D

See? I can admit I'm wrong... :P

Microsoft does have its good points too, but still has its bad... 8)

Oh yeah Microsoft's DOS might I add doesn't have a secure framework...

Also, What do you mean they charge us for their betas? I love the word beta, and Mircosoft in the same download bar....Lol :lol:
Of course you can't mind the fact that they will crash and either you will get the blue screen of death....the computer taking a vacation in the arctic...or an error report to Mircosoft...Heh... :D

Ever hear of the UT family?

I would also like to say the Pete and MysticShadows have broken this thread's rules Nate.

-Tip:
Don't turn a blind eye and get stabbed in the back...always watch it.
lurah-
Veteran

Post by lurah- »

Pete wrote:
Might I remind you that this entire website is devoted to a programming language created by Microsoft? If it weren't for Microsoft, none of us would be here right now. Microsoft has a lot more good things for computer users than bad.
Yep, that was badly explanated. 2.Hate microsoft?s policy

Microsoft have done a lot?s of good. But 75% of theyr "inventions" are originally made by some other company that microsoft has just bought.

I didnt want to install IE because i think it?s worst browser that exist?s. But i had to because it?s imposible to install windows with out IE.

25% of space used by windows is something that i dont need or want but it?s there pre-installed "just in case" and theyr registry based system is stupid and uses resources as hell.

Windows is darn expensive. Does B.G want more money. Why windows developement and stuff need?s that mutch money than totally free linux that is as good than windows.
Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Veteran

Well said! 8)

-Have perseverance and FINISH YOUR PROGRAMS!!!
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Linux can't hold a candle to Windows, and everyone knows it. Some people just don't want to admit it. However, I hate many of Microsoft's policies as well...and with legitimate reasons which I don't feel like getting into right now because it would take hours to lay it all out.

New tip of the day: when your dog gets sick, feed her chicken and rice. She'll feel better in no time. :D