MenuSys a good idea?

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Is MenuSys a good idea?

Yes
33%
No.
67%

Total votes: 3

Harry Potter
Veteran

MenuSys a good idea?

Post by Harry Potter »

Is there a call for a new menu program for DOS? One that has a GUI and multi-tasking support? With Win32 Start Menu and toolbar-like support? File dir display? Auto-run a program or open a document? What about little applets such as a notepad or calculator? Any other ideas would be welcome.
Joseph Rose, a.k.a. Harry Potter
Creating magic in the computer community...or at least striving to! :(
T'lon Nanaki
Coder

Post by T'lon Nanaki »

Hummm.....
don't know if there is much demand for one, but it would be intresting to see...
carpe diem!
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

You seem to have a LOT of ideas, but nowhere to do it. Did you find a place to store your files? Otherwise you just have your work taken away and you are done!

Seems to me that you have more ideas than files................. :roll:

My advise would be STICK to one idea until you complete it or give up!
I think your mind is creating ideas faster than it wants to actually complete them.

Ted
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
T'lon Nanaki
Coder

Post by T'lon Nanaki »

My advise would be STICK to one idea until you complete it or give up!
I think your mind is creating ideas faster than it wants to actually complete them.
burger throws a very valid point here, I've notice a lot of post from you about a lot of good ideas. I get like that myself, so do your self a favor by stopping and reprioritize(i don't think i spelled that right) what projects your working on and choose one (maybe two) to focus on (that you feel you can get done) and not let your mind drift off onto anothers till your finished, or feel that your stuck, then proceed to the next.

trust me I got a file on my computer labled "failed projects" and there are alot of them due this very problem.
carpe diem!
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

Maybe Harry Potter is an Aries...this kind of behavior is virtually a trademark of the sign...I would know. :shock: