Useful Templates for Basic programs?

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Harry Potter
Veteran

Useful Templates for Basic programs?

Post by Harry Potter »

Does anybody here have any useful QB-related templates for use with Template Creator for DOS (TmpCreat)? Please post about them here. They will give users more of a reason to download TmpCreat. Thank you.
Joseph Rose, a.k.a. Harry Potter
Creating magic in the computer community...or at least striving to! :(
Pharoah
Coder

Post by Pharoah »

Could you be a bit more specific about what you are looking for... I read your other template creator post but still i don't know what kind of format these are in or exactly how your software works.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

Harry is bored cause he can't use his puter is all.
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
Harry Potter
Veteran

Post by Harry Potter »

burger2227, you're right. I am[/] As to the template format, the format is the same as the original file. All TmpCreat does is copy it under a new name. I am looking for anything that somebody is likely to use. I have a few ideas written down, but I can't type them in now. For the purpose of this forum, maybe a file with routines to use that may be edited by other users. Basically, I want others to share templates for TmpCreat to make it more popular.

Simply put, TmpCreat handles and manages templates. You first create a template using your favorite program. This template can be anything that you need on which to base other files. For example, when creating several games of the same format, you can use the skeleton code for the games and save it under TmpCreat. Or, if you are using MSWord for a business and want to save information about different users, you can create the template for the individual users. Then use TmpCreat to make a template out of it. After that, you can use TmpCreat to create new files out of those templates. TmpCreat stores an exact copy of the original file in the T\ subdirectory of TmpCreat's directory under a given filename, allowing the edition of the template after construction.
Harry Potter
Veteran

Post by Harry Potter »

I have some ideas for TmpCreat! I created an empty batch file, a template out of my .INI reader for QB4.5/VBDOS, a MSWord XP short story and poem, and unrelated files. Maybe this will get people's juices flowing. I want to create a game called Stranded, a Sci-Fi RPG. Maybe I can use some of its files as templates. Or a VBDOS file open/save as dialog box with extended features.