Y I use QB

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Y I use QB

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Hmm, I could put this in its wright place, but bing that my programming logo starts with a "x" it be at the bottom of the list, lol. Well lets c... ever sence my dad brought home a SNES (Super Nintendo Entertainment System, for those who don't go back that far). Me n me sister would play countless hours on the thing. Ever since then I myself wanted to make a game. About 2 going on 3 years ago, I was cleaning out some floppy disks to store info on when I saw it.. QBasic. I read about it in my robotics book (for program the BasicStamp, or BasicX microchip). Next, I found tons of stuff online to get me going. Now, y do I use QB. Well, my comp is to small 4 C++ or VB 6.0, and I though 9GB was big, there're 504GB now, :roll: oh well. I like QB ne way, anyway, best get back to SpaceWarp (One of my Games, should b good, better than RoboRaider, going to remake that a raycaster :wink: ) PS: So far I can't get FB to work either, my comp is well, I dunno, :?: :!: probaly 16 bit, lol, never know with this thing...
-Kevin (aka:Rattra)
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
MystikShadows
Veteran

Post by MystikShadows »

What problems do you have running FB on your PC? are there paths not found? libraries?
When God created light, so too was born, the first Shadow!

MystikShadows

Need hosting? http://www.jc-hosting.net

Interested in Text & ASCII development? Look no further!
http://www.ascii-world.com
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

Hmm, no, I just get a bunch of words dashing down the screen. then it closes? :? . So,.. how do I run it??
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

FreeBASIC is a compiler, it has no IDE. So that means you need to have a sourcecode to compile and then run FB with the sourcecode to make the executable. It's not gonna be the same as QB, where you just run it and a nice pretty IDE comes up, ready for you to break stuff with. :D

You can check out VonGodric's IDE, which you can find on the qbasicnews.com forum, you can use Notepad or another editor to write sourcecode, or you can wait a few more days for FIDO to come out.

"A bunch of words dashing down the screen"...these are the words you need to actually look at, they tell you how to use the compiler and what switches it supports.
Rattrapmax6
Veteran

Post by Rattrapmax6 »

I got it working,. have no fear. :D . Now I just need to make a (x.t.r.GRAPHICS FreeBASIC WebSite),.. that won't b 4 awhile,..
(x.t.r.GRAPHICS)