VB for DOS - Screen Modes

Discuss whatever you want here--both QB and non-QB related. Anything from the DEF INT command to the meaning of life!

Moderators: Pete, Mods

SlowCoder
Coder

VB for DOS - Screen Modes

Post by SlowCoder »

For those of you "lucky" enough to have used VB for DOS ... Can't figure this one out. I want to display my VB forms in a screen mode other than 0. I can use the "screen 13" statement in a .BAS module to change the mode, but then the forms do not display. Any attempt to display the forms in a mode other than 0 causes an error.

How can I do this?
Nodtveidt
Veteran

Post by Nodtveidt »

You cannot. It's even stated in the manual that you cannot display forms in any mode other than 0. The whole purpose of VBDOS was to get programmers hooked on forms so they would leave DOS coding behind and move to Windows coding.
burger2227
Veteran

Post by burger2227 »

I have got to agree there! M$ always reinvents the new "wheels". Same as VB and now NET. NET costs over $1K already and can be up to $10K for advanced programming packages.

M$ also likes to ignore backward compatabilities in the last 8 years and soon will try to get rid of OLD stuff to make more money.

M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Please acknowledge and thank members who answer your questions!
QB64 is a FREE QBasic compiler for WIN, MAC(OSX) and LINUX : https://www.qb64.org/forum/index.php
Get my Q-Basics demonstrator: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdmgp91d6h8ps ... s.zip?dl=0
SlowCoder
Coder

Post by SlowCoder »

burger2227 wrote:M$ also likes to ignore backward compatabilities in the last 8 years and soon will try to get rid of OLD stuff to make more money.

M$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
This is a no-brainer. But it looks like it's finally starting to catch up to them. Open source is catching up, and on, and organizations are beginning to see the benefits of moving from MS to Linux and C.